Project Engineer Opportunity - ITS
- Top Tier Organisation
- Fantastic Team Culture and opportunity for progression
- $90 - $110k + Super and Vehicle
About the Company
My client has an opening for an experienced Project Engineer to join their growing organisation. They are an industry-leading organisation, who use innovation and asset management systems to deliver solutions that maximise the value of road infrastructure assets. Due to ongoing growth, solid relationships with their clients, now have an opportunity for an experienced ITS Engineer to join the business.
Responsibilities of the Role:
- To be an integral part of the team and forms part of the decision-making structure with a shared responsibility for ensuring that Traffic Signal objectives are met for all projects and tasks.
- As a Project Engineer you will be accountable for the implementation of systems and solutions including analysis, feasibility studies, detailed design, cost estimates, planning, deployment and administration relating to Traffic Signals and ITS Solutions.
- Strong understanding of compliance with all technical specification, standards and criteria of projects, as well as design and build contractors.
- Must have the ability and background around technical guidance, advice and support to the members of the construction staff as required and ensure that business objectives are achieved within project budget and time frames.
- Contract administration;
- Prepare concept designs, project estimates, construction documents;
- Capture and manage contract variation and time extension claims with project Manager’s endorsement.
- Ensure client approval of project completion and handover of works
- Provide technical assistances to traffic signal construction team in troubleshooting, repairing and operations of traffic signal systems;
- Personnel management of the electrical staff assigned to traffic signal construction team, including leave scheduling, performance management and sound technical guidance;
- Participate with Client meetings and keep notes and minutes pertaining to project objectives.
- Engineering Degree qualification
- At least 2-4 years’ industry experience relating to traffic signal or ITS works;
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to research issues, explore options and select appropriate solutions to suit operational needs;
- Demonstrated initiative when carrying out responsibilities and have the ability to be flexible to meet the demands of working in a challenging environment and the ability to anticipate the needs of the Project Manager;
- Implement Technical/Engineering projects in terms of testing, commissioning and monitoring system performance;
- High level of verbal and written communication skills particularly in regard to the preparation of reports;
- Demonstrated organisational skills and ability to function autonomously within a team environment to support and deliver quality work outcomes
- Review/monitor project progress across all projects within the program
- Regular progress reporting for projects within the program;
- Demonstrated advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications;
- Carry out analysis for purchase orders and claims from contractors;
- Full driving license;
How to Apply:
If you are interested in your next opportunity in the Civil Industry, please call Stuart Perry on '0282035***'.