Data Governance Principal
Data Governance Principal – Data Office | NSW – Sydney
Allianz is the home for Data Governance Principals who dare to develop and embed data culture excellence
Do you dare to put the customer at the heart of what we do?
Allianz Australia is focusing on increasing its data maturity and culture to deliver on the group strategy for a digital direct and customer centric focus. The Data Office is a new organisation established within Allianz Australia that is charged with uplifting and driving Allianz data strategy and governance maturity.
As a result we are looking to recruit a Data Governance principal. This newly created permanent role will report directly into the Senior Manager – Data Governance and will be based between Sydney CBD and North Sydney offices.
The role will be responsible for establishing the data governance model within their key allocated business divisions. You will work with the divisions' data stewards and owners to implement data policies and standards for critical data as identified and defined by the Data Office. Accordingly you will support them in rolling out the new data process and data culture.
You'll be responsible for:
Important to your success:
- Educate the business on key data governance functions/processes and foster a culture of accountability across the business to maintain organisation's data assets.
- Define and build business relationships with key Business Process Owners , Data Stewards, Custodians and data citizens of Allianz Australia
- Support the implementation and maintenance of Allianz data policies and standards as defined by the Data Office and aligned to data strategy and Allianz goals
- Support the development and implementation of Data Governance operating model based on Allianz Business Data Domains
- Support the implementation of data management processes as defined by the Data Office data management frameworks and processes for key business competencies covering Metadata management and data quality
- Work with domain data stewards and associated Line 1 risk to identify & quantify data risks associated with data and data usage across relevant data domains
- Work with Allianz domain stewards to define data quality based KPIs and formalise stewardship functions in the business process
- Working closely within the Data Councils to ensure key data risks and issues are regularly reassessed, well understood within the businesses and that mitigation initiatives are on track
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business data governance roles
- Good understanding of data management practice (DMBoK)
- Experience dealing with regulatory requirements such as CPS224 and CPG235 I highly desirable
- Previous experience with the rollout and uptake of Data Governance tools
- Experience in developing and delivering data governance training and business change
- Experience in the Insurance or Financial services industry is desirable
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Ability to think analytically and solve complex data governance problems
What's on offer?
- What matters to you, matters to us too. Feel supported to have open, honest conversations about the flex you need so that you're able to take care of your personal life
- Drive & deliver the change to a data driven organisation in your division.
- Work in a greenfield environment – make your mark
- Collaborative leader and team environment
- Company discounts & benefits
Allianz is the home for those who dare – a supportive place where you can take the initiative to grow and to actively strengthen our global leadership position. By truly caring about people, we foster a culture where our employees are empowered to collaborate, perform, embrace trends and dare to challenge the industry. When you join Allianz, you'll become part of a strong global insurer, helping to protect over 3 million Australians. We foster an environment of personal growth, so you feel safe to try, share, fail, learn and grow. We value diverse thinking where your ideas and innovative mindset are welcomed and encouraged. As a member of the Allianz family, you'll be supported to reach your full potential to grow an enriching career.
Allianz is committed to employment equity and therefore welcomes applications from men and women regardless of race or ethnicity, age, nationality, religion, disability, sexual orientation or philosophy of life. Please advise us if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process or perform the requirements of the role.
If you dare, there's an opportunity for you at www.allianz.com.au/careers