Care Aide - Geraldton
- Attractive salary packaging options - up to $15,899 tax free
- Friendly, supportive working environment
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
We have an immediate opportunity for experienced and passionate community support workers to join Silver Chain Group in the position of Care Aide
on a PERMANENT PART TIME basis
We are seeking applicants with availability across Monday - Friday
between the hours of 0700-1900
. Applicants will need to demonstrate flexibility and commitment to shifts on offer to ensure continuity of services to our clients.
This position will predominantly work in the following suburbs:
Gerladton and surrounding suburbs
We are seeking experienced individuals who share our vision of providing the world’s best health and aged care in the home, so Australians can confidently live their lives as they choose. Your commitment to our values of - Care, Community, Integrity and Excellence will be reflected in your approach and the way in which you provide services and care within the community.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Certificate III in Aged Care, Individual Support, HACC or Disability.
- Experience delivering low, moderate and complex care, preferably within the community.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritise workload and work independently.
- Solid working knowledge of the Wellness Approach (HACC) and understand the concept of early intervention and restorative care.
- Satisfactory national Police Certificate (on commencement of employment and updated every three years per the Aged Care Act 1997).
- Current motor vehicle driver’s licence (with no restrictions) and access to a reliable registered motor vehicle with a minimum of third party insurance.
Our Care Aides deliver exceptional care and support to our clients, enhancing and encouraging their ability to participate in their own care to maintain their independence. Responsibilities can include skin care, toileting, general hygiene, grooming, dressing, fitting and removal of pressure stockings, mobility, fluid intake, feeding, meal preparation, respite and assisting with medication. Support may also be required with general housekeeping, social support and basic first aid.
- Travel Allowance of $.78 per kilometre for travel between clients
- Smart phone provided to perform your work
- Access to Health Care benefits & Social Club – discounted tickets for movies, the zoo and more (dependant on location)
Providing our clients with only the best in care and services is our number one priority. We run a competitive, multi-stage process to help us to identify the best candidates to enable us to keep providing the best support to our clients.
Should you be shortlisted we will invite you to complete an on-line video interview which helps us assess your suitability against the role.
How to apply
Please note that unsolicited applications from agencies will not be accepted.
About Silver Chain
Silver Chain is one of Australia’s largest not-for-profit health and community care providers. Over the past year, we have helped more than 16,500 clients confidently live in their homes or communities by providing more than a million hours of care through our aged care services. With a reputation for innovation and leadership that’s been built over 120 years, Silver Chain is set for an exciting future – and we’d like you to be a part of it.
At Silver Chain Group, we recognise the positive contribution that a diverse workforce makes to our organisation and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
Essential: How many months / years’ experience do you have working in community care? (example 36 months/3 years)
Essential: What is your availability to work across Monday to Friday? (example Mon – Thu 7am – 3pm)
Essential: Do you hold a full (not on P or L plates) C Class drivers licence?
Essential: Do you have a reliable, registered motor vehicle for work purposes?
Essential: Are you currently on a working visa? If yes, please provide details of the sub-class.
Essential: Do you hold a Certificate III in Individual Support, Aged Care, HACC or Disability? If no, please list your relevant community-based experience.