Clinical Services Attendant
Clinical Services Attendant – North Lakes, QLD
- Opportunity to Make a Difference without a Background in Health
- Fantastic Work Life Balance Opportunity
- 30hour/fortnight Part-Permanent Position – North Lakes, QLD Location
Icon Group is Australia’s largest dedicated cancer care provider with a growing reach into New Zealand and Asia. With over 700 employees our Australian cancer services division is made up of 6 day oncology hospitals, 14 radiation oncology centres and 8 comprehensive centres offering, medical oncology, haematology and radiation oncology services under one roof. The group also encompasses chemotherapy compounding services and pharmacy.
Icon is dedicated to providing exceptional cancer care to communities across Australia. Given the size of Icon, we can provide extensive opportunities within an ideal environment to progress your career, access far reaching opportunities and be part of an innovative market leader at the forefront of cancer care.
About the role:
We currently have a wonderful opportunity for someone with customer service experience to join our North Lakes team in the role of Clinical Services Attendant. The overall purpose of this position is to support the Day Oncology Unit by ensuring our patients receive refreshments during their treatments, maintaining a clean and safe day hospital environment and providing basic support to the nursing and administration teams. In this role, you will report to the Nursing Unit Manager. This role will operate in a permanent part-time capacity, working approximately 5hours/day (flexibility around number of hours is required) between the hours of 7.30AM and 7.30PM Tuesday to Thursday.
Skills & Experience:
- Providing support to patients by ensuring their treatment is comfortable and they have their refreshment needs attended to
- Assist the nursing team with basic clinical support
- Assist the administration team with basic administrative support
- Maintain a clean environment and action facility maintenance tasks as required.
- Maintain required stock levels
- Utilising the purchase order system to maintain appropriate levels
- Re-stocking clinical area
To be successful in this role you should be able to demonstrate:
How to Apply:
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Professional, efficient and friendly manner
- Your ability to be a genuine team player willing to support your colleagues as required
- Ability to communicate with patients in a friendly, compassionate and caring manner
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office programs
If you are highly enthusiastic, quick to adapt in a fast-paced environment and are passionate about healthcare, we want to hear from you. In return we offer a friendly, dynamic work environment with career development pathways and the opportunity to work for a growing and innovative market leader.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply by clicking on the Apply link below a covering letter and resume must be attached.