General Tradesperson - DC
City FM Australia (City) provide world leading Facilities Management, Engineering and Energy solutions which ensure safe, successful and sustainable outcomes, on time and on budget for our partners - Coles.
Reporting to the Facility Manager, this role offers a motivated broad-based General Tradesperson, the opportunity to effectively manage general repairs and maintenance within and across sites.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated qualified Boilermaker with Structural Metal Fabrication and Erection experience or a Carpenter. The succussive candidate will be a Maintenance All-Rounder joining our operations team working at the Coles Distribution Centre at Parkinson. The role will also require servicing to the Coles Distribution Centres in Forest Lake and Heathwood.
Your key responsibilities will include:
To be considered for this role you will have / be:
- Take responsibility for the delivery of general repairs and maintenance services at the DC
- Respond to any reactive general maintenance work in a timely manner
- General maintenance works, including installation and repairs (across mechanical, plumbing, welding, sheet metal, carpentry etc)
- Maintenance of dock equipment, roller doors, boom gates and basic plumbing tasks
- All system faults and breakdowns are rectified in a timely manner
- Other maintenance tasks as they arise
- Must be a fully licensed Boilermaker or Carpenter with the credentials required to be capable of being the company nominee with QBCC company license
- Previous experience in pallet racking installation and repairs – highly desirable
- Previous mechanical and metal industry experience within a DC environment - highly regarded
- Previous experience supervising/managing staff (preferable)
- Must be proficient in the use of intermediate hand and power tools
- Be mechanically minded, have an eye for details and excellent problem-solving abilities
- Be committed to continuous improvements and quality customer service
- Have your own transport
If you would like the opportunity to be part of a growing Australian Facilities Management business, we would love to hear from you.
City is an Equal Opportunity Employer who supports and encourages the diverse needs of each individual Team Member. We provide a challenging and rewarding environment with ongoing professional development for all our Team Members.
City does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. City will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.