Service Manager - Youth Residential Services Townsville
Mind Australia Limited
- Join a Not for Profit truly living their values
- Townsville | Youth Residential Service
is one of Australia’s leading community-managed specialist mental health service providers. We have been supporting people dealing with the day-to-day impacts of mental illness, as well as their families, friends and carers for over 40 years. Mind is committed to diversity and social inclusion.
About the role
The Service Manager provides leadership and manages all operational aspects of the service to ensure high quality recovery oriented services are provided to clients, their families, and carers, consistent with Mind’s values.
What you’ll bring
- Lead a high performance team through engaging staff, setting clear direction and ensuring performance expectations are met
- Build a positive team culture that focusses on meeting the customer’s goals using evidence informed practice
- Lead and manage services to customers, carers and families
- Strategically connecting with the wider community and mental health sector, develop partnerships and maximise opportunities for service delivery.
- Ensure that the approved service budget is adhered to and met
- Contribute to service design
Why Mind Australia?
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum certificate IV) in Mental Health, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or other health related field as designated by Mind.
- A demonstrated history of staff leadership and management
- A track record in successful relationship development, management and strategic partnerships
- Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to engage and negotiate across a wide stakeholder group
- Experience in financial management, budget control and reporting
- Significant experience in delivering high-quality community mental health services
- Awareness and understanding of the NDIS (desirable)
How to apply or Interested?
- Rewarding roles with a Not for Profit truly living their values
- Generous Not For Profit salary packaging benefits
- Learning, development and career opportunities
To obtain a position description and apply online visit Jobs@Mind - reference number #12799.
Online applications must be submitted by 10.00pm Monday 5 October 2020
. Please contact the person below for more information.
We welcome applications from Indigenous Australians, people with a lived experience of mental ill health and recovery, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. The successful applicant is required to complete comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
Registrations / Licences Required
CPR (For Residential Services only)
Employment Screening Checks Required
National Criminal Record Check
Blue Card (QLD)
Yellow Card (QLD)
Essential: Do you have the right to work in Australia?
Your responses to these selection criteria form part of your application for this position and may be used as part of our selection decision. Failure to respond to selection criteria may impact the progress of your application.