Community Mental Health Practitioner
Mind Australia Limited
- Support young people to build and maintain a meaningful life
- Wodonga location| Fixed Term Part Time
is one of the country's leading community-managed specialist mental health service providers. We have been supporting people dealing with the day-to-day impacts of mental illness, as well as their families, friends and carers for over 40 years. Mind is committed to diversity and social inclusion.
The Community Mental Health Practitioner (CMHP)
provides a supportive community for young people recovering from mental health challenges. It is a structured, but flexible 12 month residential psychosocial recovery service for young people aged 16 – 24 years who are experiencing mental health challenges. The role also plays an integral role in developing individual programs; plans that outline goals, aspirations and desires working towards recovery and independent living.
You will have:
What’s on offer:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a recovery oriented framework.
- The ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to engage in reflective practice.
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum Certificate IV) in Mental Health, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, or other health-related field.
- Attractive Not For Profit Salary Packaging benefits
- Supportive team environment
- Flexible work arrangements
- Career & development opportunities
We welcome applications from Indigenous Australians, people with a lived experience of mental ill health and recovery, people with disability, those who identify as LGBTIQ and applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The successful applicant will be required to complete comprehensive reference and background checking prior to employment, including a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
If you are seeking a rewarding job and want to a make a difference, then we’d love to hear from you. To obtain a position description and apply online visit Jobs@Mind - reference number 12788.
Online applications must be submitted by Friday 2nd October 2020. Please contact the person below for more information.
Registrations / Licences Required
CPR (For Residential Services only)
Employment Screening Checks Required
National Criminal Record Check
Working With Children Check (VIC, WA, NSW)
Disability Workers Exclusion Scheme List
Essential: Do you have the right to work in Australia?
Your responses to these selection criteria form part of your application for this position and may be used as part of our selection decision. Failure to respond to selection criteria may impact the progress of your application.