Analyst Security Systems
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
- Supports in the delivery, implementation and operational end to end delivery for a subset of an IT security service and for a subset of the IT Security strategy, policy, procedures, processes, systems, threat identification & response that provide security services and solutions for or on security infrastructure.
- Maintains relationships with people at an operational level.
- Supports and contributes to the delivery of a subset of expert commercial security services to the external market.
- May involve management of Team Members within a specific function or service
- Supports and contributes to the delivery of plans and budgets for monitoring, maintaining and improving the integrity of the organisation's security information processes and systems.
You'll have the following responsibilities
- Provide support to the communication of relevant IT security procedure and/or process as relevant.
- To support delivery of aspects of an IT and/or Network Security procedure or processes, operations and architectural solution or security build for BT that support the business aims and takes into account appropriate legal, regulatory constraints.
- To support aspects of the delivery of discrete security services that provide the security infrastructure for BT and customers.
- Completes assigned elements of IT security risk assessments and compliance audits.
- Support elements of the Investigation and resolution as required and where necessary report incidents involving potential or actual breaches of protective security compliance.
- To undertake testing and validation of hardware, firmware and software for possible impacts on security.
- To support the delivery of security vulnerability management.
- Support elements of Security compliance relationships with national Government or industry bodies.
- Support the operational relationships with specific customers, suppliers and stakeholders, including all Third Parties, joint ventures and OLOs, ensuring the cost effective provision of a professional Security service.
- Support the delivery of commercially viable security services to generate revenue and retain business.
- Contribute to the delivery of the target improvement, productivity gains and cost efficiencies.
- Manages where applicable Security Team Members to ensure high performing and well motivated people delivering a specific function or service.
Assists BT Managers, on systems issues relating to risk compliance, incident management affecting BT.
Provide support as required for IT Security contract negotiations that may have business implications at a local level.
Supports in the delivery of commercially viable IT security solutions that support LoB performance and client relationships.
Ability to influence the behaviour and culture of functions within own team.
Supports in the delivery of expert security services to the external market and by the delivery of security assurance on BT's products and services.
- To support in the delivery of aspects of the security programmes that supports IT security strategy and policy.
- Provides advice to the business from a risk, compliance and incident management perspective on particular subjects.
- Supports and acts on management decisions for IT Security incidents and during crisis management situations.
You'll have the following skills & experience
- Recognised technical qualification or accreditation in field of security specialism.
- IT and data network experience.
- Relevant experience of stakeholder management and good interpersonal skills.
- Relevant operational knowledge and experience of risk management.
- Knowledge of Security management, network and information security, people security and running of one or more services within a Security Operations Centre.
- Excellent management skills with the ability ensure high performing, well motivated individuals.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!