Job Description:This position is responsible for performing general housekeeping tasks to maintain the facility and associated buildings in a sanitary, safe, and attractive condition and to meet hospital and Joint Commission standards.
1. Cleans and disinfects assigned areas using department cleaning procedures.
2. Uses cleaning chemicals properly according to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
3. Understands procedures and properly disposes of infectious waste and trash.
4. Handles and cleans up emergency spills per department guidelines as well as to Joint Commission and OSHA standards.
5. Operates and maintains assigned equipment according to established procedures.
6. Maintains work and storage areas following established policy and procedures to ensure safety.
7. Uses supplies appropriately and effectively.
8. Reports problems with equipment and facility in an appropriate and timely manner.
Demonstrated communication skills to include reading color coded labels and chemicals as well as following written and verbal directions.
- and -
Availability to work a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the department.
Professional housekeeping experience
Physical Requirements:Carrying, Lifting, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking
Location:St George Regional Hospital
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40