Campus Minister - Emmaus College, JIMBOOMBA
We are seeking a vibrant Campus Minister to provide faith and spiritual and pastoral support to students. You will be part of a team that includes pastoral teachers, Learning & Teaching Leaders, School Counsellors, the Administration team collectively and individually, and other personnel.
The Campus Minister works in collaborative partnerships to:
- provide pastoral and spiritual support to students
- create opportunities for faith development of students
- advance the religious life of the College community
- foster the experience of Christian community within the school
- engage the College community in social justice and social action
- encourage and facilitate connections with church/faith communities and agencies
- undertake ongoing professional learning
Please refer to Role Description.
Emmaus College is a Prep to Year 12 co-educational ecumenical College which fosters Christian unity through its active partnership with the local Anglican, Catholic, Lutheran and Uniting churches. In 2020 the College has a P-12 enrolment of 1478 students.
Emmaus is located on 21 hectares in a quiet bushland setting at 48 East Street, Jimboomba. It has been built to cater for the educational and faith needs of the Jimboomba, Beaudesert and surrounding communities. ’Excellence in learning within a contemporary Christian community’ is the vision that shapes the Emmaus learning community.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold a Paid Employee Positive Notice Blue Card prior to commencement; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Position Tenure: Continuing
Weeks Worked: Up to 52 weeks per year including school holidays
Tenure Duration (If Fixed Term):
Total Paid Hours (per wk) & Days Required: 5 days/wk (38 hrs/wk) Mon-Fri
Salary Level, Range or Hourly Rate: School Officer Level 5 - hourly rate as $33.53 per hour
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Kevin Schwede, Principal
Contact Telephone Number: 07 5547 9990
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 05-Oct-2020