P-6 Teaching Positions - Xavier Catholic College, HERVEY BAY
Applications are invited for teaching positions across Prep to Year 6 for the 2021 school year. To be successful in this role you will meet the following criteria:
- appropriate qualifications and experience;
- effective communications skills;
- an ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers;
- an ability to attend to detail in innovative and creative practices;
- and, a clear understanding of the new Australian Curriculum.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "Letter of Application" section of the on-line application form.
Xavier Catholic College is a co-educational P-12 College owned and administered by Brisbane Catholic Education which opened in 2003. Our enrolment is approximately 1100 students. The College takes its name from St Francis Xavier, who along with St Ignatius of Loyola, was one of the founders of the Society of Jesus, the Jesuits. We have adopted Ignatian spirituality as the basis for the ethos and culture of the College. The Jesuit Order has developed throughout the world a network of approximately 2000 educational institutions – schools, universities, and literacy centres. As a Jesuit Partner School, Xavier is a member of this network and one of nine Jesuit Network schools in Australia.
To be successful in this role you will:
Estimated Start Date: Commencing January 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2021 School Year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Mr Russell Davey
Contact Telephone Number: (07) 4197 1177
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 05-Oct-2020