Manager, Group Product Operations
The Manager, Group Product Operations (GPO) is responsible for the operational day-to-day management of Australia's GPO functions, Media Operations & Launch, Campaign Optimization and Multimedia & Creative Communications.
- Maintain and increase efficiency in campaign launch, campaign optimization, and creative services functions with a goal to deliver against internal margin targets.
- Allocate responsibilities, manage workload, prepare and manage training and progression that may span product/channel/industry knowledge, or specific skillsets and competencies.
- Responsible for the performance development of team members.
- Work closely with global counterparts to lead successful initiatives and project implementations into APAC business.
Social Media Buying
- Responsible for setting up media buying strategies for all Rakuten social media products (includes full funnel, multiple countries, and across devices) and aiding in marketing and sales strategies and execution.
- Responsible for understanding and implementing client’s goals and KPI’s, you will pace all campaigns to achieve the clients desired Return on Ad Spend (ROAS).
- Provide strategic direction on upper-funnel and post-conversion advertising campaigns and the use of appropriate third-party data, identifying key optimization strategies.
- Working with the technology team on how existing first-party data can improve media buying, and combining third-party data with existing first-party data.
- Assisting client services and sales in the preparation of client materials, including spend forecasts and campaign performance analysis.
- Assisting the client services team in prepared client reports for weekly, monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Using your initiative and creativity to help implement, manage and maintain key reporting templates created for internal and external analysis, from forecasting to client reporting.
- Building a broader understanding of the online marketing landscape and consumer behaviours, to provide key actionable insights, for future strategies.
Skills & Experience:
- At least 2 years people management experience (preferred)
- Experience managing remote teams (preferred)
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills,
- Negotiation and diplomacy skills, with the ability to translate problems and client requirements into technical specifications.
- Understanding of online marketing and its associated data.
- Experience in retargeting, contextual, behavioural and other online marketing campaigns.
- Strong knowledge of social media campaign strategy and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, business or similar highly analytical/quantitative degree.
- Strong Excel skills (VBA/SQL would be advantageous)
- Passion for learning and solving problems through data analysis, with a strong analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- Responsive and has a sense of ownership, against own client portfolio, collaborating with direct reports, and client services/sales teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and see them through to completion
- Goal-orientated; maintaining a focus on team, business and client needs
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- supervisory: 2 years (Preferred)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)