A Career at HARMAN
As a technology leader that is rapidly on the move, HARMAN is filled with people who are focused on making life better. Innovation, inclusivity and teamwork are a part of our DNA. When you add that to the challenges we take on and solve together, you’ll discover that at HARMAN you can grow, make a difference and be proud of the work you do every day.
About the Role
The Product Management Manager is responsible for program management of our audio product categories in the Australia and New Zealand markets. He or she will be the local audio category expert and works closely with the marketing, business development and operation teams to train and execute on new product lines, unique features, technical specifications and opportunities.
In this role, you will report directly to the Brand Activation Director.
What You Will Do
· Develop and direct go-to-market programs with marketing and sales teams, for a significant product or product category including channel strategy and opportunities.
· Execute strategies for product for product/ category direction, packaging design and display opportunities, pricing, expense budgets, profit plans and future product development to manage a product or product category’s life cycle.
· Conduct full analysis of current and future range to establish full ranging story. Provide ongoing thought leadership based on industry, customer, shopper, retailer, and marketplace insights and trends to support the category strategy.
· Work with customer team to develop customer category business plans and collaborate with internal teams for effective product assortment, shelf merchandising, planogram, and promotional and pricing recommendations.
· Activates department and category roadmap by proving analytics as required. Research and analyze consumer and shopper trends within and outside the industry. Ensure retailer data analysis leads to the identification of customer buying habits and trends, and their linkage to categories growth or decline. Perform shelf performance assessments and integrate objectives into retailer strategies.
· Evaluate research on the category including market size, growth potential, competitor activity and specifications, opportunities for product release and improvements/ enhancements to existing ranges features and functionality.
What You Need
· Bachelor’s Degree or Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant role or field.
· Proficiency in Microsoft applications, (Word/Excel/Powerpoint) is a must.
What is Nice to Have
· Prior experience in Consumer Electronics or FMCG industries.
· Vibrant and passionate to drive HARMAN’s portfolio of legendary audio brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon, Mark Levinson and Revel etc.
· Genuine excitement for technology or audio products
· Ability to work cohesively with all levels of employees, management and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving and results.
· Possess excellent business acumen.
· Able to adapt departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges.
· Talent and aptitude to analyse and solve problems independently.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
What Makes You Eligible
· Be willing to travel
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of background reference checks.
If you think you have the best composition of the above, send us your resume and let's chat!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent