Proserv is an industry leading controls technology company with an extensive brand heritage reaching back 60 years. We operate in over 60 countries worldwide, working from 14 global sites. By combining technical ingenuity with design, engineering, manufacturing and field service expertise, we create innovative solutions that can be applied to standardised systems.
Our people are fundamental to the success of our organisation and remain at the heart of our achievements. At Proserv, we aim to develop our business around a valued and motivated workforce that encourages personal development and allows our people to flourish and realise their fullest potential.
The Quality Manager is a senior position within Proserv Norway/ Trondheim facilities. The role covers quality requirements and compliance for both Stavanger and Trondheim locations in Norway. The role can be fulfilled in either locations and will report directly to the local location GM. However, there is also an equal responsibility to the other location, for which the GM is an indirect report.
The role must ensure development and compliance for all internal, customer and industry Quality standards by engaging with teams at all levels. Operational excellence is a key driver within the role and will require you to provide the necessary tools, support and structure for all departments to ensure that continuous improvement in process efficiency and operational discipline contributes towards our goal of completing every task right first time.
Quality Manager will coordinate with all departments within Proserv Norge AS, with the Operational Improvement Director within the Proserv Global Operations organization. The role will also share and support to other global sites, outside Norway, when requested
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Responsible for overall Quality conformance, Operational Improvement activities and the Business Management System
- Lead the planning and implementation of Business Management System
- Implement and manage local and global changes to achieve continuous improvements
- Support migration of standardized documentation to the Global BMS
- Provide direction and support to management teams, project teams and in new work within the tendering processes
- Regularly monitor and report on progress and KPIs/Objectives of the Quality to relevant stakeholders
- Support and guide organization with trend analyses on Quality and Improvement systems
- Ensure Quality focus in all work processes and provide necessary support to departments
- Support the General Managers with annual Management Review according to ISO 9001 standard
- Plan, facilitate and support Notified Bodies audits
- Schedule and facilitate internal Quality audits according to relevant standards / requirements
- Schedule and facilitate/participate in audits with sub-vendors
- Client relations management, including facilitation of client audits and findings
- Support and guide on compliance to actual standards (ISO, Norsok. API, etc.)
- Support, guide, training and review Non-Conformance Reporting (NCR), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), and Opportunities For Improvement (OFI)
- Revise and maintain the QA handbook for Proserv Norway
Proserv have a Business Ethics Policy (‘the policy’) which provides guidance to all employees in their day to day roles as well as helping you and the business comply with the law at all times. The incumbent must read, understand and comply with, at all times, the policy along with all other corresponding policies, procedures and directives.
- Qualification in Quality Management
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of Quality management
- Knowledge of Quality management / Lean / Six Sigma techniques and tools
- Direct work experience in Quality management capacity
- Direct work experience with actual standards in line with business
- Direct work experience with Quality management / Lean / Six Sigma / problem solving techniques and tools
- Presentation and communication skills to large groups, professionals and business leaders
Skills and Personal Qualities
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Technical skills
- Communication skills, written and oral, Norwegian and English
- Problem solving oriented
- Customer relations proficiency and required to assist with customer visits
- Team building and motivational skills
- Sense of urgency
- Critical thinking and sound judgment qualities
- Result oriented and service minded
- Work unsupervised, and take responsibility for effectiveness of own work related to staff at all levels
- Respond effectively to demands of a high and varied workload, and changing job priorities
- Driving licence is required
If you are interested in this position please:
- Complete the personal details contained in the application below then click Apply.
- Remember to attach your CV, this is a mandatory requirement of the application process.
- Attach any other documentation/covering letter you think may assist with your application – please note that it is preferable that certificates, qualifications etc are not sent at this stage.
Please note that Proserv assess all applications based on merit. Should a suitable candidate be identified, Proserv reserves the right to close the recruitment process prior to the advertised date. Only those candidates considered to be suitable will be invited to interview.
Should you have any queries regarding the role or have any issues with regard to your application then please contact the Resourcing Team on HR.UK@proserv.com. CV’s should not be sent to this address as they will not be reviewed.