3D Artist, Architectural Visualization
Australian citizens/residents only, no exceptions
Revit, Sketchup and Autocad modelers will not be considered.
We are a flexible company in regard to hours and you can largely choose your work hours as long as schedules and daily workloads are met. Preferably available during business day.
Please note some meetings and production stages require all team members to be available at set predetermined times.
ConceptV is a ground breaking development team responsible for state of the art Arch Viz projects. We continue to set higher standards of quality and push the boundaries on what is possible in a modern game engine. We are a group of talented developers and artists in a highly charged, fast-paced environment, and encourage thinking on your feet and teamwork. Join our team of artists and help us continue to push the standards.
ConceptV is looking for 3D artists with experience in advanced modelling and texturing techniques on structures for use in real-time platforms, working on a variety of subjects including anything from homes and high rise buildings, right down to furniture and appliances. ConceptV is looking for artists with experience working in hard surface modelling in either 3DMax, Maya, Modo, Cinema4D, Blender or Houdini for Arch Viz asset creation.
You will be required to work from a brief and in conjunction with the lead 3D Artist as your point of contact.
The ideal candidate has a good understanding of architectural designs and the processes needed to create models from plan right up to import in the engine.
The candidate is free to use which ever 3D app they own so long as they have a strong degree of technical knowledge both in the software they use and that the content meets our stringent requirements, and can be done to a very high standard and in a timely manner.
They work well and communicate with designers and other disciplines in a collaborative team oriented development process.
Portfolio or demo reel MUST demonstrate the following to be considered no exceptions:
- Exceptional modelling skills. Show us detailed models of at least 2 entire buildings.
- One complete interior
- Examples of realistic PBR texturing using Substance or Mari.
- Furniture with soft elements
- Keen eye for detail and realism.
- Working from CAD models and files to turn them in hyper realistic works of art for real-time delivery platforms.
- Creation of Structures with some furniture and appliances required from time to time.
- Collaborate with designers, technical artists, and to understand and implement correct technical processes, follow file naming and directory structure requirements within the engine’s limitations.
- Provide updates and dailies twice a day
- As part of a team, maintain the high standards of modelling, texturing, PBR material creation, and manufacturers design cues to provide consistent and high-quality models.
- Work with Lead Artist and Technical Artist to implement new features.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as within a team.
- Work with Trello and Clockify (training can be provided).
- Hard surface modelling experience. This does NOT include Autocad, Revit or Sketchup users.
- Very strong texturing skills and excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop (or equivalent), Substance suite and Megascans.
- Experience in preparing assets for use in a UE4.
- Strong working knowledge of a 3D app of your choice and 2D software such as Photoshop or Affinity (or equivalent)for texture creation, markups and communication
- Ability to learn and follow pipeline procedures.
- An eye for detail while maintaining highly efficient model making.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A keen eye for architectural design and detail
- Passion for pushing the standard of asset fidelity and production techniques.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Ability to research.
- Current licences or subscriptions for ALL software used.
- Experience with UE4.
- Experience using ZBrush for organic shapes.
- Experience with Speedtree and foliage creation techniques.
- Understanding of optimisation in UE4.
- Strong experience in Substance Designer.
- Experience with Marvellous Designer.
How to Apply
Please reply to this advert. If you are providing a video reel please upload to your choice of cloud service and provide us with the URL for viewing.
The Process of recruiting
The process of applying for a job can be daunting; to make it easier, here is what you can expect.
- You will receive an automated message stating your resume has been received and will be reviewed thoroughly.
- Due to the high volume of applications received, it is not always possible to respond directly to every candidate.
- If you are selected, you will be contacted by the Lead 3D artist for an initial phone interview and art test.
- The art test is a small structure and piece of furniture that you will model and texture from a floorplan and brief using your own flare and experience to give us an idea of your skillset, speed and eye for detail.
- The next step is a second phone or Zoom interview with the Director.
- NB: Pay is dependent on your skills, experience and ability.
Thank you for your interest in working for ConceptV.
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: Up to $45.00 per hour
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)