Engineering Safety Manager - Regional Services
The Safety Manager (SM) Regional Services is responsible in assisting the Cobham Aviation Services Engineering (CASE) Part 145 management team in managing safety and compliance risks within the business unit. The SM compliments the already established Safety Management System (SMS) and safety practices by providing direct and continuous interaction with management and liaison with the Head of Safety and Compliance (HSC) - Regional Services.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Skills and Experience
- Hold safety as a core value and contribute to the achievement of a zero harm and incident/injury free environment through active participation in all safety programs relevant to the position
- Maintain an understanding of this Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE) and governing regulations
- Be responsible for development, implementation and monitoring of the Part 45 SMS requirements
- Actively promote and support the Part 145 SMS and ensure employees support and comply with the SMS requirements of the MOE
- Ensure that the Head of Aircraft Maintenance(HAM) and HSC are kept properly informed on safety and compliance matters
- Actively seek to identify hazards and potential hazards and safely manage them through the processes and procedures specified in the MOE
- Promote and facilitate sound ethical safety risk management activities as required by CASR Part 145 MOS 145.A.65(d)
- Actively encourage proactive safety reporting and Just Culture
- Manage the safety database and safety risk register and produce periodic reports as required
- Ensure safety audit findings are responded to in a timely manner and associated remedial and/or corrective actions are planned and managed
- Develop, facilitate and implement risk management training requirements across the Part 145
- Be the champion of change and build confidence in a proactive, consistent risk management approach related to all safety activities
- Liaise with the HSC regarding coordination and implementation of External Audits that are directly associated with the functioning of Cobham - Engineering
- In conjunction with the relevant parties, be responsible for the investigation of (and subsequent reporting on) accidents and incidents related to the Part 145
- Perform other duties as directed by the HSC and HAM
- Some out of hours work and interstate travel may be required from time to time.
- Client focus with an ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated technical report writing skills
- High level of personal and professional integrity and confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills, both oral (including presentation) and written
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and work autonomously
- Ability to think objectively
- Proficiency in the use of Windows based software, in particular spreadsheet and database applications
- Valid Driver's License.
- Having held a similar position under the previous Civil Aviation Regulations 1988; or
- A Bachelor of Aviation Management or selected units of competency from the qualification or equivalent
- A Safety and Lead Auditor accreditation with 3 years' experience
- Five years of aviation SMS experience in a CASR Part 145 Approved Maintenance Organisation or equivalent
- Instructional qualifications and experience (ie Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or equivalent)
- Familiarity with aviation software, AQD, RAMCO, Galaxy (Pelesys) or similar.
Cobham Aviation Services Australia (CAvS) is Australia's largest provider of contract aviation services. Cobham Aviation Services is the largest provider of contract aviation services in Australia. Our portfolio of services includes aerial border surveillance and search-and-rescue operations spanning the country's exclusive economic zone and search-and-rescue region under contract with the Australian Government and closed charter (fly-in, fly-out) passenger and freight services to remote sites in support of mining, oil and gas projects and outsourced freight services for Qantas.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in Australia and be capable of obtaining security clearances, if required.