Apprentice wall and Floor Tiler
Do you want to be not just a good tradesman but a great craftsman? Do you want to work with a team of highly skilled professionals, learn from internationally recognised and award winning artisans, be classically trained in the art of mosaic and stone fixing and be involved in iconic projects that will take you across the country and potentially around the world? Are you artistic and have a desire to create beauty in whatever you do? If you answer yes to all these questions, then you should apply for this position.
The Orchid Group has been in business for more than 30 years and is internationally recognised for its mosaic work being the first company to translate Indigenous art into micro mosaics. The company possesses a high skill set across a broad range of applications from complete bathrooms, stone-work, mosaic art installations, traditional and decorative work, swimming pools and large format porcelain panel installations.
A position exists for a young person to join our Noosaville based team on a full-time basis to be trained in the classic disciplines across the full range of mediums.
Remuneration will be $25/hr on a permanent casual basis. Full training, career development and tools will be provided.
All applications received will be reviewed and replied to within seven days. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview from which a decision will be made within three days. Successful applicants will then be offered a position in the training program.
Chosen applicants will enter a probationary period of 6 months, from which successful trainees will progress to their apprenticeship. The duration of the apprenticeship will be four years in which time they will gain the technical and aesthetic skills for the installation of all types of tiles, large format panels and mosaics including, and most importantly, all aspects of waterproofing and substrate preparation.
The company’s base is located in Noosaville, Queensland in the Biosphere of the Noosa Regional Shire. The iconic beauty of the location is reflected in the quality of the work we do. The artistic nature of our work does require us to travel within Queensland and at times interstate. The company has a desire and goal to do more work internationally so a willingness to travel will be essential.
To be eligible for this position you must;
· Be reliable and honest
· Be hardworking with a positive attitude with a willingness to learn and take direction
· Possess a strong attention to detail
· Be neat and tidy
· Be well-mannered and well spoken
· Be committed to high quality work
· Be passionate about being classically trained so that you become not just a good tradesman, but a highly skilled craftsman and for the very dedicated, a highly sought after artisan
· Have a driver’s licence and a reliable trade vehicle
· Reside within a 50km radius
· Have a strong foundation in Mathematics and English
· Be willing to commit to a four year apprenticeship
To be considered for this position you must be;
· A good Communicator with those with whom you work and with the clients we service
· Confident within yourselfto be able to take feedback and to use it to develop yourself
· Capable in taking on a challenge, learning and developing the required skills, and growing into the role set before you
· Conscientious about all that you do and to do whatever it takes to meet the challenge in front of you, to diligently apply yourself to the tasks you are given regardless of how challenging or menial
· Considerate of those with whom you work and especially our clients
· Able to Contribute as an active member of a team that is richer and better because of your presence in it
If this sounds like you and you are looking for a career not just a job then send your Curriculum Vitae with a letter outlining your qualities and how you could contribute to team of highly skilled and experienced Artisans, to The Manager, Orchid Building Solutions.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year