Front Desk Receptionist
The Role: (Who we are looking for)
Because we are growing, we are looking for a Customer Service Assistant to join our Front Desk team. In this role you’ll have the important task of being the first point of contact with the patients of our practice. You must have previous experience in admin/office work and have a strong focus on customer service. You also must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail. Please ONLY apply if you have experience in admin and have worked in a customer service environment.
Are you comfortable with talking to strangers both in person and on the phone? Are you a self-starter? Is being “organized” a top priority in your life and are you able to multi-task and prioritize projects, while simultaneously meeting deadlines and prioritizing your day? Can you communicate effectively with people from all different backgrounds – both written and verbal? Are you able to speak up when you see something that is not working and can you anticipate the needs of other people because you show up for work knowing that the smallest details always make the difference?
You must be comfortable taking payments, talking about money and comfortable handling customer concerns and questions about cost. PLEASE ONLY APPLY if you can handle conversations about money/cost. We are a private medical practice and the conversation about money with patients cannot be ignored.
If you have a positive outlook on life, you are flexible and open to change and committed to learning, you could be just the person we are looking for to fill the position that we have available in the reception and on the front desk of one of our busy osteopathy clinics.
Who are we: (About Us)
Focus Osteopathy is a Allied Health/Multi-disciplinary Clinic that has experienced rapid growth in the last few years. We have been established for more than 10 years and currently have 2 clinics across the south east of Melbourne.
The founders of the company have developed the clinics from scratch and we’ve experienced rapid growth in the last few years to get from zero to where we are today.
Much of that growth has happened because of the incredible team and culture that has been created at Focus Osteopathy by the staff – many of whom have been with us for over 5 years and have allowed us to create a place that staff love to come to work to learn and develop – and a place that our patients look forward to coming back to time and time again.
We now have a large client database and we’re looking to add value to our service by bringing in another person to occupy the most important role on our front desk. As a result, we are now offering you an opportunity to help us to continue that growth and provide an exceptional customer experience for our patients that goes way beyond what is offered by most health care facilities.
This is a part-time position based in our Mount Waverley & Murrumbeena clinics. This is an awesome opportunity for someone who:
- LOVES PEOPLE and wants to broaden their customer service experience and skills.
- Want to work in a fast-paced, NO-DRAMA environment where office politics, backstabbing, gossip and negativity are NOT tolerated.
- Wants to work at a company where they can LEARN about many aspects of customer service, administration as well as finance and marketing.
- Is extremely detail-oriented and appreciates people who take an organized, systematic approach to achieving success.
- Likes the idea of working for a smaller (but growing) company where their ideas and contributions directly impact the company’s success, direction and growth.
- Is a quick, self-motivated learner who wants to work for a company that will invest in their education.
- Wants a position that will offer upward earning and career advancement; we want people who are interested in growth, learning and becoming part of our team long- term.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Manage the inbound phone calls from patients wanting to book appointments
- Communicate the value of our services (in person and on the phone) and be able to explain how what we do is worth the price we are asking
- Successfully handle calls and objections in and around price, time and alternate options
- Send follow-up emails to support first phone calls after scheduling first visits
- Hold a lengthy (at least 15-20 minute) conversation with new clients on the phone ensuring that patients are committed and bought into our service
- Input & keep detailed records of phone calls & follow-up calls made
- Keep follow-up call schedule/procedure up to date and organized
- Provide an exceptional waiting room environment for our clients that they’ll look forward coming back to
- Ensure that people who call requesting appointments are placed on schedule and understand the true time and cost commitment involved in physical therapy before they arrive
- Ensure people show up excited, committed and have a full understanding of the process for their first appointment after scheduling
- Communicate with patients before, during and after appointments to ensure satisfaction is being achieved and conflict is being resolved
- Ensure that all invoices are raised on time, every time and are sent to the appropriate person (in house or externally)
- Foster deep relationships with patients ensuring NPS score hits agreed levels
- Manage a busy front desk and waiting room experience, meeting and greeting our patients, answering the phone and converting inquiries into paying clients
- Follow up with potential clients who may not be ready to schedule at first contact.
- Keep clear and up-to-date records that allow us to analyse the effectiveness of our marketing systems and ensure success in your role.
- Develop and regularly update the procedures library so that every aspect of the role is documented and can be achieved by anyone else in the business
- Engage in a minimum of 2 hours/week of training and coaching
- Someone who loves talking (and more importantly, listening) to people. - A skilled communicator who can speak to clients in a way that they can confidently make the right decision about their plan of care aligning their values with our services.
- Be comfortable to effectively & confidently communicate with people in person and on the phone (sometimes for longer than 20mins), in order to have positive conversations involving money, cost, price, payment and value.
- Be able to answer all questions asked on the phone in such a way that increases the likelihood that the person asking will want to become a customer
- Must have strong social awareness and ability to anticipate unstated needs of clients and co-workers
- Have the ability to follow scripts as well as being adaptable to scripts changing
- Recall names and faces of clients and in doing so making all our clients feel welcomed and remembered
- Must be an encourager who ensures that all of our clients are looked after and made to feel welcome and excited whenever they enter our world.
- The ideal candidate will have some customer service &/or reception/administration experience, coupled with a passion for the health industry and what it represents. You will be required to have exceptional customer service qualities, an eye for detail and an abundance of initiative.
- You must be highly motivated and ready to soak up new information quickly and proficiently.
- Someone who pays attention to detail – won’t let important details slip through the cracks
- Someone who is persistent - demonstrate tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done
- A person who is proactive - acts without being told what to do, brings new ideas to the company and has a strong desire to pursue growth and willing seek out new learning opportunities.
- You must be computer literate (Google, Facebook, Word, Excel, Office 365), and be able to type proficiently.
- Someone who is upbeat, friendly and has a positive outlook on life.
Why You Should Apply:
- Opportunity to develop and grow in a team that is value driven and strongly encourages personality based service
- Outstanding, progressive work culture.
- Competitive salary with chance to earn even more as we grow as a result of your impact
- Fun - we have a lot of fun at work
- At Focus Osteopathy, our core values are: Growth, Innovation, Unity, Positive Experiences, Respect, and Enjoyment. We firmly believe that working with a team of motivated experts all willing to help and learn from each other provides a strong platform from which to flourish.
If you are somebody who shares similar values, wants to work in a thriving environment, wants to learn, and do all of this whilst being surrounded by a great team of like-minded people, then you really need to apply for this position
Part-time, 25-30 hours, with opportunity to row to F/T
Shifts may vary between Monday-Saturday (Sat mornings), across both locations (Mt Waverley & Murrumbeena) depending on the clinic requirements. Flexibility to cover other shifts is essential. Shifts may start at 8am and last shift finishes at 6.30pm.
How to Apply:
Please apply ONLY if you have at least one years experience being in an administrative role (with a strong customer service focus), preferably in a business-to-consumer environment. You must have a proven track record for working face to face with people and being able to speak confidently on the phone
To apply, please email your resume addressed to 'Simon', along with a cover letter detailing why you think you’d be suitable and what you are looking for in the role (i.e. how can we make/keep you happy in the role if you are successful?).
Alternatively if you’d prefer to send in your application in the form of a short phone video of yourself (i.e. non-professional), answering the above criteria, please do so as we absolutely love receiving applications in this way : )
You may also call our office for more information on (03) 8677 2297.
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)