A progressive organisation providing creative solutions in land use in North East Victoria
Your new company
An organisation which provides professional services associated with adaptive land re-use across Melbourne and regional Victoria, with offices established at:
- Bendigo (Head Office)
This role is based in Wangaratta, with regular travel required between project sites and occasionally to other all offices.
Your new role
The position of Regional Manager – North East is responsible for:
- Ensuring the growth of new business in the North East region, by building and maintaining ongoing relationships with current and prospective clients, Councils and other Authorities.
- Annual completion of a Business Development Plan for the Tomkinson group’s North East region,
- The co-ordination of all Engineering & Project Management matters with the work of other disciplines for all jobs within the Wangaratta office, including co-operation and effective liaison with other Regional Managers on all resource-related issues,
- Oversight of all technical aspects, ensuring compliance with statutory obligations, and the Quality Assurance of all Engineering/PM tasks,
- The accurate assessment and preparation of Engineering/PM cost estimates, and the financial monitoring of the Engineering/PM component of all projects, ensuring that WIP stays within Quote on all jobs, and that a minimum 100% of WIP is invoiced to clients,
- Providing supervision, direction and support to all Bendigo staff, ensuring a clear understanding of responsibilities, developing career paths, encouraging multi-skilling, supporting forums for communication and feedback, developing skills through training and education, and empowering staff to accept responsibility,
- The smooth co-ordination of projects with relevant external authorities,
- Working with other members of the Strategic Management Team in achieving the goals of the company,
- Promotion of the company’s QA (ISO 9001) and OHS systems, procedures and requirements, ensuring staff adherence and encouraging pro-active participation by reporting incidents and near misses, and identifying system improvements via submission of SIN’s,
What you'll need to succeed
- Ensuring all staff are aware of and comply with all Company Standards, including daily Timesheet preparation and the satisfactory explanation of Jobs where WIP is not wholly invoiced.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Civil Engineer,
- An excellent understanding of the land development industry & processes with broad a commercial experience
- Demonstrated experience in the management & supervision of staff,
- Advanced user of relevant computer software, including an awareness of digital media and engineering-related technologies,
- Current Australian Driver’s licence.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including negotiation, report writing and confident and composed public presentation skills,
- A self-motivated, disciplined and very much hands-on professional,
- A pro-active team player able to make things happen “on time and on budget”
- Able to clearly and confidently present ideas and concepts to clients, authorities, management and staff,
- Able to contribute to the senior management team and to lead, manage and motivate Engineering/Project Management staff within the organisation;
- A creative thinker with a lateral approach to problem solving, enabling implementation of practical solutions.
What you'll get in return
- A genuine commitment to Customer Service, the principles of Quality Management, and to the implementation of OH&S principles and systems.
The opportunity to work with a dynamic team in rural Victoria developing new business and working with the existing. This role is prime for the all rounder looking for a challenging, fast paced but rewarding work environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or send directly to