Environmental Health Officer
Job opportunity with Council based South-West Coast of Melbourne. Inspect variety of premises with bay views.
Your new company
Council based in the South West Coast of Melbourne and home to various amenities. This growing city covers urban, rural and coastal areas. They take pride in encouraging its local community to take responsibility and comply with the Public Health and Wellbeing Act within the municipality.
Due to an increased workload in their Environmental Health department, the team are seeking a contractor on an initial 3 month period with a high likelihood of transitioning into a 6 month contract direct with the Council or a permanent role.
Your new role
As an EHO, your primary duties will include some but are not limited to the below:
What you'll need to succeed
- Conduct inspections/audits at registered premises to ensure compliance with the Food Act 1984, Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 and other associated codes of practice
- Food Act: Inspections, transfers, new premises, sampling and complaint investigations, Streatrader
- Public Health: Nuisance investigations, accommodation inspections, beauty premise (when COVID restrictions ease), plan assessments, outbreaks and single incident notifications
- General admin tasks
In addition to having excellent communication and time management skills, you will also have:
What you'll get in return
- Graduate Diploma of Environmental Health Practice (Swinburne) or the equivalent
- Experience working or completed student placement as an EHO/EHT for a Local Council - must have
You will be offered flexible working arrangements and working from home 2-4 days a week. Starting out on a 3 month contract but with a view to extend/transition permanent for the right person. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in Local Council and experience job satisfaction.
Hays Recruitment are always seeking Environmental Health Officers with experience working within a Local Council. If you are not from this area, please send your resume to the below email and specify which Council you would like to potentially work with.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or email Rebecca Clarnette or Marc Stone at Rebecca.Clarnette@hays.com.au or Marc.Stone@hays.com.au