Counsellor opportunity with Open Arms providing case coordination and clinical services to veterans
Your new company
Open Arms is the leading provider of mental health services for veteran's and their families - they are a service founded by Vietnam war veterans which now provide essential services to all veteran's and their families.
As an Australia wide team they provide face to face counselling, telephone based support and case management to individuals and their families through a combination of proven clinical practices and new evidence based approaches.
You would be joining a large team of passionate and highly professional specialist staff, within a supportive working environment which provides clinical supervision, professional development opportunities and peer and management support.
Your new role
You will be working with veterans and their families to coordinate care and clinical services including:
What you'll need to succeed
- Assessment and referral
- Evidence based individual, couple and family counselling
- Maintain clinical records for Open Arms standards
- Facilitate Open Arms counselling and other programs to veterans, ADF personnel and families
- Develop and engage relationships with DVA, the ADF and other government bodies
- Participation in program evaluation and research activities
What you'll get in return
- Qualifications must be of an accredited health professional or social worker (AHPRA or AASW), experience could be from Clinical Psychology, Mental Health Social Work or Mental Health Occupational therapy
- Have an understanding of psychosocial issues facing current and ex-serving ADF members and their families
- An ability to engage and maintain relationships with stakeholders
- A willingness to obtain a WWCC is essential
- Current valid Driver’s Licence
- Experience in case work or human services is desirable
What you need to do now
- Chance to develop your career in mental health services for veteran's and their families
- Opportunity to work in a highly supportive environment with regular supervision with training and on-going development opportunities
- Attractive Hourly rate + super based in Surry Hills, Sydney
- 12 month fixed term contract with the potential to extend
- Open Arms was founded by Australia's Vietnam War Veterans and is now a service available to all Australian Veteran's and their families - joining them is sharing your knowledge and service with those who have served us
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
D: +61 (0)2 8226 9879