Fleet Allocator - Wharf Cartage
Due to growth, a newly created role with a clear route for progression awaits a Transport professional
Your new company
Our client, a mid-market wharf cartage Logistics provider, has continued to grow through these turbulent times as a result of the outstanding service they provide their customers. Having recently invested in new equipment to broaden their offering, they now seek a highly driven Transport professional to join their high performing team here in Melbourne.
Your new role
Reporting to the General Manager, your responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Booking and managing time slots
- Arrange wharf transport, unpacks, empty returns
- Scheduling and managing a fleet of 15+ drivers, both in house and sub-contractors
- Coordinating deliveries to meet customer requirements and achieve DIFOT SLA
- Developing and maintaining relationship with clients, internal departments, suppliers and drivers
- Data entry and utilisation of internal systems, including EDI and Onestop
What you'll get in return
- Solid experience in transport allocation
- Must have experience in wharf transport
- A strong understand of COR, including fatigue and mass management
- An understanding of cost levers across an operation, with an ability to increase efficiencies
- Proficient in EDI and Onestop
- Side loader experience not essential, but desirable
- Influential with the ability to build relationships, both internally and externally with customers
- Organisational skills
In return you will be presented with an exciting opportunity to join a family owned business that continues to grow, and embark upon a career that offers a clear pathway to Transport Manager. This is a newly created, permanent role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.