Contract Manager - IT Contracts
Contract Manager with ICT Contract Experience - Permanent Career Opportunity - Employer of Choice
Great opportunity for a Contract Manager with ICT experience to join a high performing team.
As ICT Contract Manager you will be responsible for the end to end contract lifecycle for assigned portfolios. You will use your skills to build and manage commercial and strategic relationships with those parties who supply IT products and services to the organisation.
The role will ensure the implementation, refinement and ongoing application of IT vendor and contract management processes and procedures which are aligned with the organisation’s purchasing, procurement and contract management overarching policies and guidelines.
- Lead the development of Request For Tender / Request For Proposal and related contracting strategies for the acquisition of IT goods and services.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Achieve this by setting clear expectations and engaging effectively during the undertaking of high level strategic negotiations and providing expert advice.
- Manage supplier and vendor relationships and performance, ensuring compliance to contractual responsibilities through regular performance meetings and negotiating with vendors.
- Ensure contractual terms and conditions are acceptable and appropriate to the business needs through consultation with Legal Services.
- Ensure supplier engagement activities are auditable, defendable and transparent, and in compliance with current policies, probity and Code of Conduct.
- Oversee establishment and successful commercial operation of vendor delivery through monitoring and controlling commercial process execution.
- Identify and manage supplier engagement risks and issues on an ongoing basis ensuring mitigating actions are identified.
- Develop reports and briefs on supplier performance, highlighting breaches of contract and initiating appropriate activities with all parties through to resolution.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Relevant tertiary qualifications with extensive experience and IT contract and procurement management expertise, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience in contract management within a service based environment.
- Demonstrated in depth understanding of relevant regulatory and legislative issues as well as risk management and key procurement and supplier management strategies and principles.
On offer is an opportunity to work in a dynamic organisation where you will have the opportunity to advise on a range of strategic and operational matters. Wile using your initiative and working independently, you will be part of a supportive and knowledgeable team who encourage personal development and flexible working.