Procurement And Tendering Officer
Experienced Procurement and Tendering Officer required to work in busy contracts team in government agency
Your new company
The role will broadly ensure the management and administration of high value complex contracts including the negotiation of commercial issues and disputes.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Management and administration of high value and complex contractual arrangements.
- Responsible for maintaining Contract Management Plans, and associated administrative systems, to ensure a full and complete management records are kept
- Monitors the performance of contractors in accordance with KPIs and proactively recommends/ implements solutions or actions
- Investigates and evaluates commercial issues/disputes received from contractors, and where appropriate, negotiates sound commercial solutions on behalf of the organisation and prepares formal contract variation documentation.
- Undertakes research into improved contract management and/or service delivery methods and undertakes implementation of identified solutions where beneficial.
- Manages contractors payments to ensure all invoicing arrangements and supporting documentation are compliant to the terms of the contract.
- Prepares ministerial responses, briefings, reports and formal responses on contract related matters.
What you'll get in return
- Considerable experience in the management and tendering of high risk and/or complex related contracts, in particular, facility management, supply of goods and services or design and construct delivery related projects.
- Considerable knowledge and experience in applying procurement policies and procedures in accordance with State Supply Commission, Government and/or large commercial enterprise.
- Substantial experience in dealing with high value/complex contract/commercial law matters in a public sector or commercial environment.
This role is being offered as a 6 month contract. Free parking on site and flexible working hours are also on offer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.