APS6 Policy Officer
APS6 Policy Officer opportunity in one of Australia’s most recently established Government agencies.
Your new company
Taking the lead on national policy and programs that aim to grow the economy through the development of Australia’s scientific, business and resource capabilities. This organisation aims to keep Australia at the forefront of international technological advances by funding initiatives that forward industry developments into our domestic market.
Your new role
You will be a member of a Strategic Policy team that are leading the delivery of an innovative waste management program. The team work with stakeholders including waste producers, industry, government agencies and the community to best manage Australia’s radioactive waste. You will have the opportunity to use your skills as an APS6 Policy Officer within a taskforce that is the next most important step in developing Australia’s radioactive waste management. This project is a crucial part of Australia’s capability to continue Nuclear Medicine production and research activities here in Australia for years to come.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience developing policy advice and position papers
- Strong written, communication and research skills
- Demonstrated ability in stakeholder engagement activities and correspondence
- Confidence in preparing a wide range of ministerial documentation
- Experience working in the Federal Government
- An aptitude for grasping and consolidating technical information
- Ability to work well in a team and work productively in a fast-paced environment
- Desirable but not essential; experience in developing legislation and associated materials
You must be an Australian citizen and will possess or be willing to go through the process to obtain and maintain a Baseline personnel security clearance.
What you'll get in return
With an attractive hourly rate and a minimum 6 month contract, you will have the chance to develop and enhance your strategic policy skills working on a complex and significant project for Australian's Health, Environment and Industry sectors.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or call Mikki Wignell on (02) 6112 7690.