Meat Inspectors is the leading independent meat inspection service in Australia.
Strong growth has led to the creation of numerous roles for qualified AAO Meat Inspectors across Australia.
These roles are based across regional Australia, specifically South Australia, Victoria and New South Wales.
We recognise that our business is only as good as the meat inspectors we employ. As such we are committed to creating a culture where we look after our people and create opportunities for development and career progression.
Duties and responsibilities as an AAO
· Be a team player
· Act in accordance with the AAO Deed of Obligation
· Perform all official duties as an AAO in accordance with all legislative requirements.
· Perform all work in accordance with all safe working procedure and practices.
· Perform Post Mortem inspection on the retain rail and reporting.
Requirements of the role
· Certificate 3 in Meat Processing (Meat Safety) or Certificate 4 in Meat Processing (Meat Safety)
· Competent in knife sharpening and maintaining a sharp knife.
· Experience in working in a meat process environment.
· Be able to work within a team or individual environment with reporting protocols.
· Always act in a professional, ethical manner in performing AAO functions.
What we can offer
· Ongoing training and development
· Permanent role with a competitive salary
· Opportunities for career advancement
· A supportive team environment
Success in this role will come primarily from your willingness to go the extra mile to service and delight our clients. A willingness to learn and grow are the key attributes we look for.
If you have experience as an AAO or Vet, possess the right attitude, a commitment to learning and a good work ethic, we can teach you the rest.
** No agency candidates please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Australian permanent residents only need apply **
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year