Manager, Data Insights
Leading public sector client currently recruiting for Manager, Data Insights on a permanent basis.
Your new company
Leading public sector organisation.
Your new role
- Work with the Senior Manager, Strategic Policy and Industry Insights to optimise the use of existing and new data sets to develop a deeper understanding of audiences and content.
- Manage Analysts and Researchers to regularly extract and manipulate complex data from multiple sources to quickly derive data driven insights.
- Determine analytic approaches to be used and define appropriate methodologies through questionnaire development, programming and testing surveys, analysing results and producing final reports.
- Complete original research, data modelling, analysis and reporting relating to internal and external policies, programs and incentives.
- Collaborate with relevant internal stakeholders to identify and frame analytic projects which present as opportunities for the agency and industry.
- Work with the Data Analyst on the publication of statistical pages on the website including writing summaries of the trends.
- Collaborate with other members of the Strategic Policy and Industry Insights Unit to ensure accurate and relevant data sets are being collected.
- Assist the Senior Manager, Strategic Policy and Industry insights and the Manager Policy and Insights with the drafting of strategic documents including policy briefs, backgrounders and submissions.
- Manage and lead direct reports to ensure an effective and efficient team function.
- Stay abreast of television, OTT, feature film and research industry news, trends and best practices.
What you'll need to succeed
- Undertake other duties as required, which may include providing editorial, proofing and fact checking support to the Senior Manager, Strategic Policy and Industry Insights.
- Proficient skills in the use of statistical software or programming languages
- Demonstrated high level analytical and problem-solving abilities with an ability to generate appropriate and imaginative solutions.
- Experience working with various internal databases, analysing raw data, creating reports in addition to presenting and sharing results to various stakeholders.
- Very strong PowerPoint and Excel skills and experience working with visualisation and dashboard tools such as Power BI or Tableau.
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to respond to changing priorities and manage competing deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to manage stakeholder expectations High attention to detail and commitment to accuracy is essential.
What you'll get in return
- Experience in supervising a small team while working as part of a larger team collaborating with other team members as required.
An excellent salary and package, flexible working and the chance to work in a very interesting sector.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.