We are seeking a STEM teacher who has a commitment to the ethos of Catholic Education and to the safety and wellbeing of the students.
The successful applicant will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the content of the STEM curriculum and create learning approaches that engage students, enhancing and enabling each child to learn.
- Provide structures that engages and empowers each student, in order to develop curious, self motivated, persistent, reflective, collaborative and risk-taking learners.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and ability to deliver the appropriate STEM curriculum to a range of educational abilities, using high impact teaching strategies, including learning intentions, success criteria and feedback to enable and enhance student learning.
- Demonstrate the development of positive partnerships with parents and the wider community.
- Access and embraces local and district STEM opportunities for our students.
- Support the school community to develop and nurture a culture of welcome and inclusion.
- Work effectively with other professionals, parents/guardians and members of the broader community to provide effective learning for students.
- Demonstrate an ability to plan and implement an Integrated Inquiry and Problem Solving approach to Science and Technologies Program from Prep to Year 6.
- Manage the budgets and resourcing required for establishing this area of the curriculum.
- Demonstrate strong classroom management and a talent for promoting positive student behaviour.
- Complete a work program using the appropriate curriculum guidelines which outlines a weekly and day by day focus in the area of Science and Technologies (Design and Digital)
- Complete required evaluation and assessment as part of professional teaching routine and retain these as part of ongoing planning resources.
- Communicate regularly to parents about student progress. Write formal academic reports that conform to report writing guidelines in the area of Science, Technologies (Design and Digital).
- Attend staff meetings, PLMs and professional development activities.
- Take on additional responsibilities, including participation at whole school events such as Fete, Sacraments and Information Evenings.
- Adhere to the practices and guidelines of the 2021 Staff Handbook.
- Accreditation to teach Religious Education in a Catholic school or a willingness to undertake studies
- Current Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration
- Include the contact details of three referees
The completed application form (see attachment- 2021 STEM Teacher) with covering letter addressing the criteria of the role description should be made in writing and forwarded via email to the Principal- firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm Wednesday 21 October 2020.
The completed application form (see attachment) with covering letter addressing the criteria of the role description should be made in writing and forwarded via email to the Principal- email@example.com by 4pm Wednesday 21 October