Kentin Engineering is seeking a enthusiatic person as a Trade Assistant to join our growing family busines and become part of our team. The position offers first hand experience for a candidate to learn basic machining and engineering workshop skills.
The primary objective is to assist and support both the qualified Fitter and Turner and the Workshop Supervisor to ensure that all manufactured components of various mechanical systems are machined, fabricated, fitted, assembled, maintained and made ready for delivery to the client in order of priority and quality.
Main Duties include but not limited to:
- Assist operators to load and unload machine tables
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas
- Assist and learn both independently and in conjunction with the qualified Fitter and Turner set up and adjust metalworking machines and equipment. Use appropriate measuring equipment to inspect, measure and maintain tolerance on manufactured parts.
- Assist in conjunction with the Fitter and Turner to Operate machinery used in the production process, or assist machine operators operate specialist machinery and tools from raw materials or repair into finished products by turning, boring, milling, shaping, slotting, grinding, drilling or welding metal stock or components.
- Clean cut parts and mark all products with customer identification details
- Examine finished goods to verify conformance report any non-conformances identified and undertake appropriate corrective/verification activities
- Observe equipment operations so that malfunctions can be detected, and notify operators of any malfunctions
- Lift raw materials, finished products, and packed items, manually or using hoists
- Count finished products to determine if product orders are complete
Help production workers by performing duties of lesser skill, such as supplying or holding materials or tools, or cleaning work areas and equipment.
Job Types: Full-time, Casual, Permanent
Salary: $15.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Workshop enviroment : 1 year (Required)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Preferred)