Provide Second Level ICT support to a wide range of clinical information system users, ensuring incidents and
service requests are managed to conclusion cost effectively, within required timeframes, and in compliance with relevant standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide Second Level ICT support to clinical system users. Investigate incidents and service requests using established
processes to analyse, diagnose and resolve issues. Escalate issues as required ensuring customer service levels are not
2. Provide high-level quality assurance for clinical system user’ access requests, changes and deactivations. Correct incorrect
security accesses. Ensure the archival and maintenance of accurate records of all user access requests.
3. Monitor and manage Jira work queues to ensure assigned incidents and requests are completed cost effectively, within
required timeframes and in compliance with relevant security standards. Develop interim solutions and workarounds to
support delivery of service.
4. Provide advice to the Front-line Service Analyst/Coordinator on issues impacting service, or business goals and outcomes.
Contribute to the identification and investigation of emerging trends in incidents and service requests.
5. Establish and maintain effective collaborative relationships with key stakeholders to achieve outcomes.
6. Follow defined service quality standards, work health and safety policies and procedures relating to the work being undertaken
to ensure high quality, safe services and workplaces.
1. Proven experience delivering Second Level IT service desk outcomes, preferably in a high volume, enterprise Health services
2. Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience in, clinical information systems including the software applications and the
technical infrastructure on which applications run and commonly used office software.
3. Proven ability to follow procedures and polices relevant to the delivery of high quality single point of contact support to users
of a range of clinical information systems under Australian standards.
4. Flexible, resilient with a strong client-focus, demonstrated collaborative team work skills with the ability to communicate
effectively with people from diverse cultural backgrounds.
5. Demonstrated work ethic and attitude which emulates DCIS values of being professional, accountable, honest, respectful and
1. Tertiary qualification (degree) in a relevant discipline.
2. Understanding of ITIL Framework/Service Management
The recommended applicant will be required to undergo a criminal history check prior to selection being confirmed. A criminal
history will not exclude an applicant from this position unless it is a relevant criminal history. When choosing to apply for this
position, the applicant should consider the full requirements of the position in aligning their work experience and capabilities to
this role. Please refer to the Capability Leadership Framework and visit our website https://dcis.nt.gov.au/.