The IT Support Officer is responsible for co-ordinating ICT requests and queries, providing support for IT
equipment, disbursing charges for ICT service delivery, and supporting the IT Manager and ICT Administrator.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide guidance and advice on ICT queries, asset acquisition and usage of services across agencies.
2. Provide project support to the IT Manager and ICT Administrator.
3. Monitor and maintain the Agency's use of Electronic Passport (ePASS) and Resource Access Control Facility (RACF),
4. Analyse, monitor and disburse charges for ICT service delivery, and compile reports on Agency spending.
5. Manage, promote, implement and maintain Departmental ICT procedures and guidelines.
6. Provide advice, procure and support for ICT mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets.
1. Well-developed working knowledge of a wide range of established information technology environments including ICT
contracts, platforms, systems, networking, system administration, and policies and protocols within the NT government.
2. Knowledge and experience in providing support to IT projects including ability to take direction and prioritise workloads.
3. Sound working knowledge of ePASS, HP Service Manager, RACF, video/teleconference facilities, and mobile devices.
4. Demonstrated high level of accuracy, attention to detail, ability to exercise initiative, and capacity to follow through on
5. Sound oral and written communication skills including conflict resolution, ability to translate technical language into plain
English and effective user assistance and advice.
6. Sound analytical and problem solving abilities.
7. Demonstrated work ethic and attitude which emulates DCIS values of being professional, accountable, honest, respectful
1. Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology or relevant experience in a related field.
The successful applicant may be required to undergo a criminal history check. A criminal history will not exclude an
applicant from this position unless it is a relevant criminal history.