At Bombardier Transportation, our trains and rail solutions move millions of people safely and reliably around the world, every single day. Join us, and you’ll be part of a global team, sharing knowledge, experience and ideas across countries and cultures, and boosting our reputation as a global leader in rail technology. Your work will have a truly human impact, connecting communities, cities and businesses, and helping people to get where they need to be. It’s all about progress.
If you’re ambitious, driven and team-spirited, this is your opportunity to build a career as Commodity Buyer/Supply Specialist in Dandenong, VIC.
Purpose of the Role:
Procure through the use of professional purchasing practices and techniques and ensure parts/service/goods availability (PR/NPR) while maintaining overall cost (inventory, depending on allocation) at the lowest level and highest quality. Maintain daily contact with suppliers. Ensure supplier quality and On-time-delivery (OTD). Align with Supplier panels and regional (commodity) strategies.
Manage purchase contracts for projects and operation within scope.
- Define purchasing strategy jointly with Operations with regard to OTD.
- Establish Requests for Quotations (RFQs) including commercial and technical requirements, evaluate and select supplier offers and order placements.
- Maintain Purchase Orders continuously according to project needs.
- Ensure suppliers deliverables are according to technical specifications and liaise with Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) to minimize non-conformity costs.
- Collaborate with other functions to ensure project success by representing Procurement in meetings and work autonomously to resolve problems, but escalating to management when required.
- Assessing risk in the supply and align with Project Procurement Manager (PPM) on acceptable risk of the project and taking into consideration commercial negotiation with the supplier.
- Negotiate terms and conditions of the contract
- Co-ordinate all supply communications with suppliers and internal responsible, including contract deliverables (CDRL) and validation of supplier activities (type tests, FAIs, First Installations etc.)
- Following up on Purchase Change notifications (PCNs) and amend purchase orders accordingly,
- Managing Non-Conformance Reports and Vendor concession requests
- Expediting all deliveries
- Ensure supplier support during warranty phase
Develop supplier ‘best in class’ performance
- Develop long term supplier relationships through regular performance reviews and continuously drive cost improvements
- Audit and approve suppliers as per Bombardier standards
- Where relevant, accurately capture and communicate to the suppliers the relevant project-specific Technical Requirements Documentation (TRD)
Manage material cost reduction activities
- Explore continuously material cost reduction opportunities
- Implement saving initiatives
- Engineering degree, Commerce degree with technical background or equivalent
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in Procurement in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Contract law with experience in negotiating terms and conditions
- Knowledge of commodities, global partnership agreements
- Strong analytical skills and continuous improvement skills
- Excellent written and verbal communicatio
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global mobility solution provider leading the way with the rail industry’s broadest portfolio. It covers the full spectrum of solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signaling to complete turnkey transport systems, e-mobility technology and data-driven maintenance services. Combining technology and performance with empathy, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility by providing integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Procurement & Global Sourcing
05.10.2020, 3:03:08 AM
04.11.2020, 1:29:00 PM