Paving Product Territory Representative
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop a expertise in Caterpillar products. You will be a sales liaison among dealers, customers and other Caterpillar personnel. You should be very familiar with the company’s processes, systems and methodologies and accountable for identification, analysis and resolution of needs and problems in an assigned industry. Position performs complex analysis work, identifies and resolves problems that are more strategic in nature. Challenges include developing and meeting expectations in delivering results, identifying and recommending alternative courses of actions, making timely decisions and developing greater communication skills. Direct work with other Caterpillar units, customers, and possibly suppliers require incumbent to demonstrate skill in negotiation, building consensus and achieving compromise.
- Counseling dealers in developing increased human performance capability; providing guidance on existing and potential customer service issues and improvement measures within one industry; assisting dealers on forecast, sales/rental/used strategy planning and sales techniques; supporting rollout of new products (e.g., products, parts, customer service agreements, other service products); analyzing and communicating marketplace and competitive activity to Caterpillar personnel and dealers; analyzing product application, configuration and utilization that provide the best solution for a customer; assisting dealers with business planning within one industry; creating and promoting programs that increase sales while maximizing price realization; and continuing to develop required proficiency level in the specified foundation competencies and skills.
- Remiain current on customer/dealer market and needs and understand how and why decisions are made within their work group and organization. You will be responsible for applying those decisions to support and develop product sales, dealer effectiveness, overall segment growth, NPI process, process improvement, sales management process improvement, etc. Your knowledge of products, technology, industry, etc., in support of Caterpillar, dealer and customer expectations and needs and will contribute to strategic planning. You may also provide direction to less experienced personnel.
- Direct your development and continual learning through experience and staying abreast of technology changes. Key learning comes from continued experience in the assigned industry, enhancing communication and people relationship skills, improving problem solving and analysis ability, building and using business skills, enhancing use of Caterpillar systems and developing leadership abilities. You must stay abreast of industry and technology changes and relate those changes to Caterpillar, dealer and customer needs.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- A bachelor’s degree in an accredited Marketing or Engineering curriculum.
- 6-8 years prior experience in field assignments.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and on larger scale, more complex assignments.
- Provide direction to lower level reps on project assignments.
- Ability to influence others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers
- Must be willing to travel extensively (50-70%) as well as relocate based upon business needs.
- Knowledge of Caterpillar products, policies, and procedures
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO)
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.