Work Type : Full Time
Location : QLD
- Varied role across architecture & technical IBMi support
- Work alongside a high-performing Infrastructure team
- Toowong location
As an IBMi Specialist, you will be responsible for providing responsive architectural, operational and specialist Technical Support for the IBMi related Infrastructure in accordance with A&G policies & processes.
- Provide responsive architectural, operational and specialist Technical Support to the Service Delivery and Security Teams as a Subject Matter Expert of the IBMi environments;
- Ensure the Technology Infrastructure IBMi Systems are operational and running smoothly and efficiently;
- Work on tasks as assigned independently (not in isolation) to quality outcomes whilst keeping stakeholders well informed;
- Ensure where required incidents are escalated to the appropriate Teams, Management and/or service providers according to established procedures;
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of the various Infrastructure IBMi knowledgebase and procedures;
- Monitoring, tuning and performing trend analysis of the IBMi Systems;
- Systems administration, maintenance, upgrades and patching of existing IBMi Systems is implemented according to Service Level and Quality targets and to agreed expectations; and
- Represent Core Services in projects, contribute to the requirements and participate in project work as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant system administration, operations, support or solutions implementation coupled with relevant tertiary qualifications or industry certifications;
- Advanced hands on system administration, problem solving and implementation skills and knowledge across the following areas:
- IBM Power Systems hardware
- IBMi 7.3 - 7.4
- IBM BRMS / TL 3200
- Helpsystems Halcyon
- IBM MiMix
- IBM v7000 / FS900 storage
- IBM SAN networks
- IBM iDoctor
- IBM IFS + A/V
- Helpsystems Robot Monitoring
- Excellent knowledge of systems security administration practices, standards and policies;
- Ability to manage multiple projects, requests and problems at once and to be able to work within prioritised frameworks;
- Knowledge of agile framework; and
- Knowledge of Infrastructure Architecture principles (advantageous, not essential).
Who are Auto & General:
Auto & General is the Australian arm of a private global group with 8,000 employees across 31 offices and over 8.9 million customers worldwide.
In Australia, Auto & General launched in 2000 and has grown to provide industry-leading motor, home and travel insurance products both directly through Budget Direct and via industry leading partnerships. With an Australian team of 1400+ we are now looking for talented individuals who can help drive our ambitious growth plans.
- Toowong - City fringe location
- Enjoy additional leave days - ‘ME’ leave and ‘Volunteer Day’ leave;
- Join our vibrant social and community activities including annual celebration, family fun days and regular events across each of our sites;
- Study support (up to 50% of tuition fees for relevant courses) and professional membership reimbursement;
- Employee discounts on Car, Home, Travel insurance, Roadside Assistance;
- Income protection insurance provided to support you in the event of non-work related illness or injury;
- Discounts with a broad range of providers, including gym memberships, accommodation, dental care and more.
Auto & General welcome and value diversity in the workplace
*A note from Auto & General to recruitment agencies: We politely ask that you avoid making any approaches or sending any unsolicited resumes to our Recruitment Team or Hiring Leaders across our business. Auto & General is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.