APS 6 - Project Support Officer
- $80,669 - $92,150 (plus super)
- Russell - ACT
Special Operations Command (SOCOMD) are looking for an APS 6 Project Support Officer to join a team of APS, military and contracting staff in an ongoing full-time capacity. Guiding Defence’s future and current capability investment outcomes, the successful applicant will have close engagement with a range of senior leaders across SOCOMD and more broadly Defence. This role also conducts performance analysis, reporting conclusions and provides recommendations to stakeholders. The role is unique and offers a great opportunity for the job holder to experience and contribute to a range of challenging tasks. The APS 6 Project Support Officer will exercise a considerable degree of independence, perform a subject matter expert role and demonstrate sound decision making and judgement to provide expert policy advice.
This role is responsible for budget and resources, coordination of committees, preparation of briefings, submissions and reports relating to the project progress in accordance with organisational requirements.
About our Team
The role will be part of the Program Management Team for SOCOMD that oversees and coordinates the projects developing and delivering capability for Special Operations Forces. Working within a dynamic and fast paced environment this position will support the Program Management Team by using their initiative and innovative experience to undertake information quality assurance through analysis, data corrections and applying controls as required.
This entails the coordination of an agile and adaptive rolling program of acquisition unique to SOCOMD where capability proposals are developed, prioritised and acquired according to threat and technological maturity and funding availability within an approved timeframe and cost cap.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal applicant will be highly motivated, have good attention to detail and able to operate as part of a small team. The job holder will have a good understanding and be accountable for compliance with legislative frameworks, government decision-making and Defence’s mission and policy requirements. Our ideal candidate will have several of the following skills and attributes:
- The ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Self-starter, initiative-driven, able to meet deadlines and deliver under pressure
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience and/or exposure to reviewing and revising complex briefing material and policy
- Strong relationship management and strong communication skills
- Strong stakeholder engagement and ability to solve to complex issues, identify, anticipate and respond to stakeholders’ needs and expectations to achieve Special Operations command and Defence outcomes
- Demonstrated business management skills
- Demonstrated administrative, planning and/or scheduling skills
- Demonstrated risk management skills