Communications Specialist (2 Roles)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Interview, write and self-edit high-quality, engaging and reader-centric content for our communications channels, including print and digital. Content may consist of case studies, media releases, technical articles, advertisements, handbooks, e-newsletter articles, website articles, speeches and presentations.
- Build a good understanding of media news cycles and key media contacts in the print, electronic and digital areas for both rural and metropolitan media outlets.
- Project manage the development of campaign collateral, publications and e-newsletters, working with internal and external specialists, as required.
- Ensure our communications complies with our brand and style guide and provide branding checks, feedback and advice to our staff.
- Provide editing services on our publications, as required.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, including highly developed writing, editing and content proofing skills.
- Translate technical information into plain English.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills to ensure communications are delivered to deadline
- Ideally a strong understanding of Australia’s red meat industry, its operations and major stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualifications in communications or a related discipline.
Why work for MLA?
We aim to provide a modern and flexible work environment for our employees, complemented by benefits that promote overall employee wellbeing, including rebateable salary packaging, wellbeing events, rewards and recognition and a fun culture driven by our social club.
Interested? Apply now via the link below to view the full position description. Applications must include a resume and a cover letter (of no more than two pages) addressing the selection criteria. In your cover letter please outline which role you’d like to apply for: Communications Specialist – media or Communications Specialist – Integrity Systems Company or both.
If you have questions in relation to the advertised position contact the Human Resources team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 25 October 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the advertisement