Operations - Custody Business Support Manager - Associate
The Direct Custody and Clearing Settlements Team is responsible for the processing and settlement for Australian assets held in custody on behalf of our clients. The team is responsible to act off client instructions and arrange for the settlement of “on \ off” market trades and deal directly with the settlement exchanges or registries to settle\register transactions in and out of custody.
The Business Support Manager reports to the Head of Securities Operations, ANZ and provides system and business analysis support to the Operations team. It is envisaged that this role will also act as SME for the core DCC operating systems.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of a team providing support to business users on the core custody system BaNCS and supporting enquiries from Direct Custody and Global Custody clients
- Management of local system releases and service requests for AU/NZ (SWIFT, ZCLR, BaNCS)
- Site coordination of Business Continuity Plans (BCP) – working with the identified team BCP champions to ensure recovery plans are effective, up-to-date and regularly tested
- Working with business leadership to define, prioritize and achieve strategic objectives and, ensuring projects delivered meet the approved business requirements
- Implementation and integration of regional initiatives into operations
- Supporting the identification and implementation of efficiency and quality improvements in the operations teams, including location strategy opportunities
- Liaising with end-users to provide user-specifications
- Working closely with technology/project partners to ensure any change is developed in line with requirements
- Assist with conducting user acceptance testing and providing training to users pre and post change
To be successful, you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in business or a related field
- At least five years of relevant operations experience with demonstrated understanding of the custody business and custody processing using Bancs v15
- Proven experience working on projects and business analysis activities, including process mapping, scope definition, requirements definition, requirements creation, functional design, testing, implementation and user training
- To demonstrate a collaborative approach to working with colleagues
- An excellent understanding of MS Office applications
- The ability to manage internal and external stakeholders effectively
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative in business problem resolution, ability to 'think outside the square", undertake qualitative and quantitative analysis and manage time and priorities
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to handle difficult situations
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients’ needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.
Data Doc & Trans Processing
85 Castlereagh St, Sydney, AU-NSW, 2000, AU
09/21/2020, 11:51 PM
10/21/2020, 11:51 PM