Cocktail Floor Staff
We are looking for personable, honest and thorough Floor Staff who appreciate high standards of product and presentation. This casual role will involve regular shifts at weekends and functions.
Elixir Rooftop is Brisbane's first rooftop bar, offering an environment of lush, fairy-lit tranquility for friends and family to gather in a laid-back environment up above the hustle and bustle of Fortitude Valley.
Floor Staff are the first point of contact for guests on the floor, and an integral link in assuring the exceptional and memorable experience Elixir is known for.
You will be responsible for assisting, responding to and anticipating the needs of our guests, always going the extra mile to ensure an exceptional standard of customer service in every way. We are committed to providing a high quality experience and a standard of excellence is expected in all points of service.
We can offer you the opportunity to enjoy coming to work in a unique environment with experienced, passionate staff on a team dedicated to excellence.
Some of the Responsibilities:
- Greeting, seating, and providing any service and assistance to patrons that they require
- Taking orders on the floor for drinks and food, including people standing up and at dry bars
- Upselling back-bar spirits, food and wine
- Maintaining a clean working environment, including regularly wiping down, clearing tables and glassware from the venue
- Recording transactions into mobile POS and EFTPOS systems
- Maintaining a sound knowledge of our drinks and chef-prepared food menus, run sheets, reserved areas and tabs
- Running orders and function food platters
- Cleaning up any broken glass as soon as it happens
- Keeping accurate records of broken stock and broken glassware
- Regularly checking the bar wells to see if they need ice, fruit juices, syrups and alcohols
- Collecting and cleaning glassware, plates, cutlery and any other dirty items left behind by patrons
- Keeping the venue floor area neat and clean at all times, including toilets, entryways and exits
- Assisting in the bar area by keeping it clean, organised and stocked with glassware
- Providing Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) to patrons by monitoring client behaviour and consumption
- Keeping management informed of any issues with the venue.
Factors needed to be successful in this role are:
- Full work rights in Australia (Australian citizenship or permanent residency)
- Hospitality experience showing a demonstrated knowledge of what is expected for the provision of high quality customer service
- An ability to work cooperatively and productively
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent presentation
- Good attention to detail to meet a strong standard of excellence
- Responsible and proactive
- Current RSA certificate
Please submit your resume and cover letter below. We look forward to hearing from you about joining us.
Job Type: Casual
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Preferred)