Duty Manager - Commercial Hotel
We at Agnew IRM are seeking two qualified and experienced Duty Managers to work full-time at a popular Commercial Hotel in Brisbane owned and operated by our client.
Competitive salaries and genuine long-term career opportunities are available for the right candidates.
We are seeking candidates who possess the skills to perform the following duties:
- When on shift, ensure that the venue is run in a safe, orderly and disciplined manner in accordance with license conditions;
- When on shift, manage a diverse team of personnel in the kitchen and food and beverage departments;
- When on shift, ensure all services are opened and fully operational at all scheduled times, standards, are maintained throughout the service, particularly delivering exceptional levels of customer care and satisfaction, and enabling a smooth handover of shifts;
- When on shift, ensure that a high level of cleanliness is maintained in all areas, including cool rooms, store rooms, patron amenities and back office, supported by a cleaning schedule and adherence to best practice;
- When on shift, ensure that the kitchen is maintained in a clean, safe and hygienic order, identifying hazards and problems and seeking solutions;
- When on shift, monitor, supervise and report security and crowd control systems and activities, and liaise with local law enforcement as required;
- When on shift, ensure that all cash is controlled and accounted for, floats and tills are reconciled, sufficient provision of floats and safes properly maintained and that all financial controls and procedures are complied with;
- Collate, prepare and interpret reports, budgets, and accounts for the Licensee;
- Proactively monitor sales, margins and expenses, and in identifying negative variance against budget, taking appropriate and timely remedial action;
- Take full responsibility for the rostering of employees on shift, ensuring staff wage budgets and sales to labour ratios are maintained, sufficient tills are in operation, and sufficient staff are serving, assisting in service where necessary;
- Organise and deliver induction, training and professional development of staff; and
- Undertake regular performance reviews of employees.
We are seeking candidates who possess the following qualifications; experience; and abilities:
- Relevant AQF Advanced Diploma qualification.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant hospitality management employment experience.
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Certificate.
- Responsible Manager of Licensed Venue (RMLV) Certificate.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Ability to manage time and work calmly under pressure.
$61,281 per annum (+ super)
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you possess the qualifications; experience; and abilities the position requires, please click “Apply Online” below to send an up to date resume.
No telephone calls at this stage please.
Contract length: 24 months
Application Deadline: 12/11/2020
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $61,281.00 per year
- Hospitality management : 2 years (Required)
- QLD RMLV (Required)
- QLD RSA (Required)
- Functional English (Required)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)