We are recruiting! Join our team.
You will be responsible for managing day to day operations on assigned projects in order to achieve timely and profitable completion of each project whilst at all times adhering to Abergeldie’s safety policies and procedures. An important part of this role will see you contributing your expertise in developing constructability methods during the pre contracts process.
About Abergeldie and the role:
Abergeldie Complex Infrastructure delivers a full package of process, mechanical, tunnelling, vent shaft, water, rail, power and civil engineering infrastructure in New Zealand and Australia.
This position must demonstrate strong leadership, organisational and time management skills, as well as having strong communication skills and influencing a positive safety culture.
We are looking for a technically minded individual, with relevant supervisory training and experience with significant experience on civil construction projects.
Key duties of the role include:
Supervise, schedule, co-ordinate and manage day to day construction activities and objectives relevant to the scope of work/s.
- Assist in the development of short and medium term programmes and manage the works in accordance with the programme.
- Management of subcontractors, suppliers and direct labour.
- Complete relevant paperwork required by the project e.g. end of shift reports etc. and ensure daily site diary is recorded to reflect activities that occur on site.
- Ability to participate and effectively contribute to the overall communications with the project team.
- Understanding of and ability to implement safe work systems including facilitating pre-start and toolbox meetings.
- Support the procurement process, understand the order timelines and market conditions and monitor plant and equipment to ensure it is on site when required and off hired when not.
- Understand the project specifications and requirements and ensure that works delivered conform to these requirements.
- Ensure that all plant is properly used and maintained and relevant checks are carried out and recorded.
- Ensure compliance with Site Safety Rules and Safety Work Method Statements.
To be successful in this key role, you must have:
At least 5 years experience in an equivalent role.
- Demonstrated experience of managing subcontractors, suppliers and direct labour.
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing design documentation, understanding drawings, providing constructability review and implementing final design plans.
- Must have RMS experience.
- Relevant tickets and licences.
- Cert IV in Civil Supervision (Desirable).
- Bulk earthworks and pavement experience.
Abergeldie employees across Australia and New Zealand are working together to deliver the complex infrastructure needed to build better communities.
best planning | best delivery | best people
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by phone and email.
This role is not open to recruiters.