Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Dependent on Qualifications
Remuneration: $1,863.81 - $2,297.69 per week
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ193515
Salary per week:
Clinical Psychologist: $1,863.81 - $2,285.71
Allied Health professional Level 5: $2,241.63 - $2,297.69
Clinical Nurse Consultant Grade 2: $2,248.40 - $2,293.10
Where you'll be working
Northern Sydney’s vision is to be "leaders in healthcare, partners in community wellbeing". Our purpose is “embracing discovery and learning, building partnerships and engaging our community to deliver excellent health and wellbeing.”
What you'll be doing
The Clinical Lead, in collaboration with the Child Youth Mental Health Service (CYMHS) Manager, will provide expert clinical and operational leadership, supervision and oversight to the CYMHS community team to ensure delivery of high quality evidence based specialist mental health interventions to children and young people, their families and carers.
The Clinical Lead will be required to exercise independent clinical judgement, initiative and problem solving skills to provide senior clinical support to the multi-disciplinary clinicians within CYMHS and to other relevant stakeholders.
The Clinical Lead may be required to act up into Service Manager’s position where indicated and delegated by the Service Manager or Service Director.
Candidates need to meet the following criteria:
- Consistently demonstrates behaviours that reinforce the CORE Values of our organisation; Collaboration, Openness, Respect and Empowerment. Demonstrates these behaviours with all stakeholders; colleagues, direct reports, as well as our patients and consumers, and those that care for them.
- Relevant qualification in Clinical Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy or Nursing with current AHPRA registration. For Social Work, eligibility for membership with AASW. For Psychology, Masters degree or higher in Clinical Psychology, Clinical Neuropsychology or some other recognised clinical area in psychology that the employer deems relevant to the functions of the position. For Nursing - a Registered Nurse with at least 5 years full-time equivalent post-registration experience, with at least 3 years full time equivalent experience in the speciality field and approved post registration nursing qualifications relevant to the field or such other qualifications or experience deemed appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical leadership, service coordination and support to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in child and youth mental health clinical services.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working collaboratively and effectively within a multi-disciplinary team including consultation-liaison skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including negotiation, advocacy and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ACHS/ Mental Health Accreditation standards and processes.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in planning, implementation and evaluation of clinical services or programs.
Need more information?
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Noel Meredith on Noel.Meredith@health.nsw.gov.au or 0475 959 322
Applications Close: 30 October 2020.