High School Tutor
Sprouts Academy is currently looking for friendly, dedicated individuals to join our growing teaching team. If you have a love for teaching and enjoy working in small groups with students, then we would love to hear from you.
We are currently recruiting for Secondary and HSC teachers or high achieving students who can teach English and Maths to Secondary and HSC School students. Candidates should possess thorough knowledge of the NSW syllabus.
What you will be doing
- Tutoring students in a positive, caring manner to promote self-esteem and self-worth.
- Teach according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students and group of students.
- Assign tasks and homework, correcting and marking work carried out by his/her students including the test papers and homework booklets
- Assist and support the students to review the class materials and prepare for assessments and assignments.
- HSC Graduates with strong academic backgrounds in their subjects, and a minimum ATAR score of 90/or studying B. Education or Masters of Education are encouraged to apply.
- Loves helping others
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Availability to work at least 2-6 hours per/week
- Some tutoring/coaching experience would be fantastic!
Advantages and benefits for you:
- Flexible hours
- Good money
- No need to find students – we do that for you
- Excellent opportunity to gain experience.
Shortlisted Applicants will be Required to:
- Undergo a short telephonic interview.
- Provide a copy of their degree or latest academic transcript if currently studying.
- Applicants must have a current NSW Working with Children Check.
If you feel that this opportunity is right for you, please email your current resume or contact us to discuss your application further. We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $25.00 – $35.00 per hour
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- High School (Year 9-11) (Preferred)
- Australian driver's licence (Preferred)
- Working With Children (WWC) Check (Preferred)