Who We Are
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About this role
Educators at lululemon athletica do just that! They educate! Their main role is to effectively educate our guests on the fabrics, features, fit and function of our product, our culture and the communities we belong to. By educating guests we empower them to make decisions for themselves based on the facts that we offer them. By doing this, the guesswork is taken out of shopping for customers, and a ‘Wow! It’s You!’ guest experience is created, leaving customers with the knowledge to educate others on behalf of lululemon. Authentic conversations are key to delivering the ultimate guest experience by relaying your experiences with lululemon products to the guest. Involvement in teamwork is highly emphasised and the focus is placed on turning a ‘no’ into a ‘yes’ whenever possible.
A Day In The Life
- Provides guests with world-class ‘education’ and guest experience in the areas of product, culture, and community by speaking authentically about product use through their own experiences
- Product Education: communicates special features, benefits, fabric properties, usage, and best care instructions
- Culture Education: ‘demonstrates’, the culture held within the company, including; attitude of fun, respect, support, empowerment, encouragement, passion, interaction with other staff, and in-store discussion of lifestyle (i.e. yoga, fitness, health and fun)
- Community Education: ensures guest is aware of in-store community bulletin board - for information and resources regarding yoga and other health, fitness and related community information
- Uses various resources to ensure they are aware and taking responsibility to update themselves on product and functions as necessary
- Creates excitement and FUN for our guests on the retail floor
- Receives/processes stock received from warehouse, involving; unpacking, counting, tagging as required, folding, sizing and placing on the floor, with overflow stock in back room and stored areas
- Assists in preparing the store for the day including; replenishing garment styles and other merchandise by color, size, and quantity requirements; folding, sizing, and merchandising as required
- Answers phone inquiries as required
- Ensures stock replenishment in work areas
- Ensures items from changing rooms are returned to appropriate area - sized and tagged, and changing room is left clean, dust-free
- Prepares pants for hemming including pinning, completing necessary documentation (customer/store hemming slip); and educating regarding timelines for completion
- Arranges for mail and/or delivery, as required, to other locations and/or warehouse
- Completes assigned clean up evening duty
- Utilises the Point of Sale cash system, processes payments, refunds and exchanges and issues gift cards
- Prepares alterations for pick up the next day
- Unpacks boxes for inventory as required. Boxes can weigh 5-20kgs
- Under the direction of the Store/Assistant Manager performs/completes other additional project, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.