Temperature Instrument Manufacturer/Trainee
Technitemp is the leading temperature instrumentation designer, manufacturer and supplier in Western Australia for the past 30 years, now based in Malaga WA. Primarily servicing the mining sector and mineral processing and oil & gas industries, Technitemp also exports product internationally through a diverse client base. The company has cemented itself in the Western Australian market by providing a personalised service with swift technical solutions for its clients.
A small family business that is seeking a dynamic individual, able to multitask through various roles. Offering flexible working hours, the position is well suited to university/student/young engineers looking to gain industry experience and hands-on training.
Skills beneficial, that can be attained through the position:
- General fabrication experience.
- Welding experience, preferably TIG for stainless steels, Inconels, Hastelloy, mainly small diameter work 6mm and less.
- Low voltage electrical work, less than 50 volts, with a general understanding of wiring practices.
- General machining/lathe operations and work.
- Drafting/CAD/SolidWorks experience
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills to actively engage customers, colleagues and business partners.
- Practical approach to trouble shooting.
- Good time management skills with the ability to work to time lines.
- Adherence to workshop safety procedures and requirements, White Card preferable.
Skills that can be developed within the role:
- Ability to provide technical advice to customers, troubleshoot technical issues.
- Office duties including stock management, quoting, record keeping, Reckon accounting software.
Essential and Desirable Traits
- Analytical skills – logical thinking
- Capability and enjoyment to construct things
- Ability to perform manual labour through work of hands
- Precision to numbers, measurement and attention to details
- Careful and methodical in terms of steps and processes
- Takes initiative in performing necessary actions to accomplish tasks
- Enthusiastic, wants challenges, experimental, can work under pressure and manage stress, optimistic, persistent, diplomatic, thinks outside the box, collaborative and lenient to organizational guidelines
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Bachelor Degree (Preferred)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Preferred)