Postal Services Officer
The business is a combination of Pharmacy, Newsagency plus Australia Post Office and requires customer focused employees who are also diligent with tasks.
About the role
Postal Services Officers are members offering the full range of Australia Post products and services. We solve problems, find solutions, help out and pitch in – while always looking for ways to make our customers’ days too.
- Performing customer sales and service transactions
- Maintaining a cash advance accurately – which includes handling and processing cash, cheques, credit cards and EFTPOS
- Promoting and processing a broad range of financial agency transactions through Australia Post's technology systems
- Conducting and processing a number of identity services transactions, including Australian Passport Interview – establishing an applicant's identity with a highest levels of accuracy and compliance
- Promote products and services through up-selling and cross-selling, merchandising and other promotional activities
- Accepting mail items for lodgement, and accurately assessing any applicable charges
- Building rewarding relationships with customers by understanding their needs
- Preparing outward mail for despatch through – including presentation and the cancelling of stamps
- Assisting with administrative duties such as stocktaking and record maintenance
- Maintaining commitment to Australia Post’s Occupational Health and Safety standards
Essiential Experience and critical kmowledge
- Lift up to 16kg of mail repeatedly
- Be able to stand for the duration of your shift
- Be flexible for additional hours, as well as changing shift times (Mon - Sat 8am to 6pm availibility)
- Be customer focused and work collabroratively within the team to deliver solutions
- Be fast and efficent
- Demonstrate appropriate Occupational Health and Safety practices within the workplace
Experience in Post Office services is essential.
Pay will be commensurate with experience and is negotiable.
A police clearance will be required to work in this role.
Please submit a Cover letter and CV
Please apply through email as we may be unavailable to take calls.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $22.00 per hour
- Australia Post: 1 year (Preferred)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)