Electrical Fitter- Switchroom Installation
Electrical Fitters- Switchboard Panel Assembly &/or Switchroom Installation Fitters.
Mayfield Industries is a specialist engineering and manufacturing company. We are a most trusted name in design, manufacturing, installation and commissioning of transportable switch rooms & kiosk substations, switchboard and Control panel solutions. We have been operating continuously and successfully, since 1936 and are proud to be 100% Australian owned and operated.
Through continued growth and strong work flows we are currently looking for Electrical Switchboard Panel Assembly Fitters and Switchroom/Kiosk Installation Fitters for our manufacturing workshop facilities located at both Henderson and Welshpool.
Our Fitters are integral to our business, manufacturing and installing components to the highest quality levels and standards and based on your understanding of production pack schematics, single lines, wire schedules and/or general arrangements responsible for the:
- wiring, assembly, testing and installation of industrial switchboard panels and/or;
- electrical fit out of electrical building services and inter-cabling of switchgear and control panels and equipment within our transportable switch rooms and kiosks &;
- occasional onsite installation and testing support.
As a qualified tradesperson you will lead by example, working both independently and through coaching and training others in the manufacturing and construction teams. You should be self-driven, recognising that our processualism in how we safely manufacture to high standards of workmanship in an environment where delivering to tight client timelines are the key to our success. Ideally, you will be looking to progress, keen to achieve and take on future leadership roles within the Mayfield business, such as a Leading Hand or Testing and Commissioning roles as we continue to expand in Western Australia.
· Proven skills experience in:
- Ability to work in a safe manner, respecting and promoting a strong safety culture (essential).
- High standards of quality and housekeeping.
- Reading and interpretation of complex wiring diagrams /schematics (essential).
- Preparation/ checking of associated material take-offs (essential).
- Strong background in quality electrical manufacturing with attention to detail (desired).
- Electrical & functional testing and /or commissioning of switchgear and control system (an advantage).
- Switchboard Panel Assembly Electrical Fitters:
- Assembly of LV switchboards, steelwork preparation including busbar systems, basic sheet metal fabrication, equipment mounting, cable management, power and control wiring and harnessing.
- Previous experience in industrial switchboard, PLC and/or control system assembly and distinct advantage.
- Experience in the assembly of MV switchboards would also be advantageous
- Switchroom/ Kiosk Installation Fitters:
- Installation of cable ladder and pulling and dressing of multicore and power cables.
- Glanding and termination of power, control and comms cabling into switch and control gear panels and cabinets.
- Switchboard and associated equipment installations into switchrooms.
- 1st & 2nd fix of light and small power circuits, equipment and fittings including single and 3 phase power outlets, lighting and emergency lighting.
- CAT6 terminations.
- Installation and commissioning of Air Conditioning split systems inclusive of piping, power and control wiring (an advantage)
As a manufacture our tradesmen are largely workshop based however occasional travel may be required.
Interested? Know someone who may be?
Send us your resume in confidence by selecting the "apply" button.
Direct applications only, no agencies please.
Want more info - see our profile at https://mayfieldindustries.com.au/capabilities/ and click on the DOWNLOAD link.
Application Deadline: 30/10/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Electrical Fitter: 4 years (Required)
- White Card (Preferred)
- A-Grade Electrical (Required)
- Car License (Required)
- High Risk Works- EWP (Required)
- Forklift truck (Preferred)
- Permitted to work permanently with no restriction on hours (e.g. citizen, permanent resident) (Required)