Strategy And Design Project Officer
- Position based in ACT Regional Office,Adelaide Regional Office,Brisbane,Darwin,Head Office,Hunter Valley Regional Office,Melbourne,Perth,Sydney East Regional Office,Sydney West Regional Office,Townsville Regional Office
- DHA Level 5 - salary from $76,259 - $83,235 per annum, plus superannuation and potential bonus
- Non ongoing/ Ongoing vacancy available
Defence Housing Australia (DHA) provides quality housing services to Defence members and their families. In doing this, we support the operational, recruitment and retention goals of the Department of Defence.
The Service Delivery Group is responsible for meeting DHA’s objectives relating to the delivery of high quality housing services, including, provisioning, maintenance services, stock management, housing allocation and living-in accommodation booking services. The Strategy and Design team are responsible for the delivery of a range of Strategic Initiative projects supporting DHA’s Operating Model Refresh Initiatives.
In this role, you will be working within the Strategy and Design team, contributing to the Strategic Initiative projects in the delivery of DHA’s Operating Model Refresh Initiatives. You will provide end-to-end delivery support for all actions identified in the project initiatives to which you are assigned. You will engage with internal and external stakeholders to gather data, undertake analysis and provide recommendations to the Project Coordinators. You will also undertake business reporting relating to the project, supporting the Strategy and Design team in delivering high quality customer service outcomes to all business stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A proven ability to problem solve, analyse and interpret information to make informed decisions, balancing the needs of the business against the application of legislation, industry best practice and applicable standards.
- A proven ability to build productive and positive working relationships across the business to ensure successful delivery of strategies, programs and projects.
- Sound project management skills including project planning, setting objectives, managing time, resources, monitoring, reporting and delivery of project work.
• The ability to present and communicate information clearly across a range of mediums (including written and verbal) and strong stakeholder engagement skills. • Highly developed organisation skills with the ability to manage competing priorities whilst delivering a high level of customer service.
- The ability to quickly develop skills and knowledge of business and government processes, applicable legislation, and best practice to deliver quality business outcomes.
- Proven experience working flexibly within a virtual team environment to meet organisation/team objectives.
Service Strategy and Design is comprised of three key areas:
Operational Compliance and Knowledge Management responsible for facilitating and reviewing DHA's services, ensuring these are operationally compliant and nationally consistent.
Regional Operations responsible for simplification and enhancement of all processes and structures relating to our regional office property management services.
Contact Centres responsible for simplification and enhancement of all processes and structures relating to our contact centres. Experience in contact centre service delivery reform, workforce management in an omni-channel environment and CRM implementation would be highly desirable in this team.
Eligibility: The remuneration package is negotiable and includes a base salary, potential performance bonus and Commonwealth funded superannuation. Employment with DHA is conditional on successful applicants demonstrating that they are an Australian citizen, meeting the required medical standards, achieving a satisfactory character clearance and obtaining and maintaining a security clearance at the required level.
Applicants are short listed based on the merit principles contained in the Public Service Act 1999.
Please note there are multiple vacancies available. These positions may be located in various locations i.e Canberra, Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Newcastle, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, and Townsville.
These roles may be filled on a non-ongoing or ongoing basis based on business requirements. Where a non-ongoing role is offered, it will be for a specified term of up to 12 months. Any extension beyond the initial term will depend on operational requirements. Any Order of Merit established from this selection process will remain active for up to 12 months from the date of this gazette and may be used to fill future ongoing or non-ongoing roles.
Contact Officer: for further information about this position please contact
Ruth Lantzke, 08 8901 7136, email@example.com
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Duty Statement Opens in new window