Strategy And Design Project Lead
- Position based in ACT Regional Office,Adelaide Regional Office,Brisbane,Darwin,Head Office,Hunter Valley Regional Office,Melbourne,Perth,Sydney East Regional Office,Sydney West Regional Office,Townsville Regional Office
- Executive Level 1 - salary from $102,205 - $124,733 per annum, plus superannuation and potential bonus
- Non ongoing/ Ongoing vacancy available
Defence Housing Australia (DHA) provides quality housing services to Defence members and their families. In doing this, we support the operational, recruitment and retention goals of the Department of Defence.
The Service Delivery Group is responsible for meeting DHA’s objectives relating to the delivery of high quality housing services, including, provisioning, maintenance services, stock management, housing allocation and living-in accommodation booking services. The Strategy and Design team are responsible for the delivery of a range of Strategic Initiative projects supporting DHA’s Operating Model Refresh Initiatives.
In this role, you will be responsible for the rapid project development and implementation of work within the Strategy and Design team, leading project deliverables in support of DHA’s Operating Model Refresh Initiatives and in accordance with approved project management contracts and business constraints. You will build and foster strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and ensure effective reporting, communications and implementation of project initiatives. You will lead major programs of work with Project Coordinators and Officers to drive business improvements through strong project management principles.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to take a project management approach to deliver business innovation in a commercial environment.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills including the ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders both verbally and written.
- A strong ability to manage priorities, organise workloads and meet challenging deadlines under limited direction.
- A proven ability to work within a diverse and cross functional team and allocate resources in a dynamic environment.
- Highly developed strategic, problem solving and analytical skills with a record of achieving results.
- A proven ability to take initiative and be innovative in developing new or improved work practices.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills with a record of achieving results.
- Experience evaluating risk in the context of a complex and changing environment and experience dealing with a range of complex and/or contentious matters.
Service Strategy and Design is comprised of three key areas:
Operational Compliance and Knowledge Management responsible for facilitating and reviewing DHA’s services, ensuring these are operationally compliant and nationally consistent.
Regional Operations responsible for simplification and enhancement of all processes and structures relating to our regional office property management services.
Contact Centres responsible for simplification and enhancement of all processes and structures relating to our contact centres. Experience in contact centre service delivery reform, workforce management in an omni-channel environment and CRM implementation would be highly desirable in this team.
Eligibility: The remuneration package is negotiable and includes a base salary, potential performance bonus and Commonwealth funded superannuation. Employment with DHA is conditional on successful applicants demonstrating that they are an Australian citizen, meeting the required medical standards, achieving a satisfactory character clearance and obtaining and maintaining a security clearance at the required level.
Applicants are short listed based on the merit principles contained in the Public Service Act 1999.
Please note there are multiple vacancies available. These positions may be located in various locations i.e Canberra, Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Newcastle, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, and Townsville.
These roles may be filled on a non-ongoing or ongoing basis based on business requirements. Where a non-ongoing role is offered, it will be for a specified term of up to 12 months. Any extension beyond the initial term will depend on operational requirements. Any Order of Merit established from this selection process will remain active for up to 12 months from the date of this gazette and may be used to fill future ongoing or non-ongoing roles.
Contact Officer: for further information about this position please contact
Ruth Lantzke, 08 8901 7136, email@example.com
Please note late applications will not be accepted.
Duty Statement Opens in new window