Manager Transport Strategy
- Executive Level 2 (Senior Professional Officer Grade B), $119,495 - $134,208 per annum plus 15.4% superannuation
- Business Solutions - Melbourne or Brisbane
All levels of government invest in, develop, maintain, regulate and use transport infrastructure and networks. In a large continent like Australia with many remote communities, the transport sector supports all other sectors of our economy. The disruptions to transport due to weather events such as tropical cyclones or bushfires can be severe. A high functioning weather service is imperative to allow transport agencies such as air traffic management, maritime regulatory agencies and search and rescue agencies to provide a reliable service to industry and the public.
The position will lead the development of strategic roadmaps to increase the safety and efficiency of the aviation, land and maritime transport sectors in Australia and our neighbouring regions.
The Transport Customer Engagement team are seeking an individual with:
- expertise in leading the development and implementation of transport sector strategies and strategic road maps;
- a background and strong interest in capacity development (the process through which individuals, organisations and societies obtain, strengthen and maintain capability);
- a demonstrated understanding of the processes, products and services delivered by National Hydrological and Meteorological Services (NMHSs) to the transport industry (emphasis on aviation, land and maritime sectors);
- a willingness and capacity to engage broadly across the Bureau’s capability areas to identify, coordinate and deploy the skills, knowledge and expertise needed to achieve program deliverables and outcomes.
- outstanding communication skills, a high degree of initiative and ability to self-manage. Experience establishing strong working relationships with stakeholders and project team members, employing a consultative and influencing approach is essential.
- an ability to deliver high quality results, work independently (with limited supervision), be highly proactive and flexible.
Position Description - PDF Opens in new window
Position Description - Word Opens in new window