Level 1 Windows Network Support
About the business
Who are We
We are a rapidly growing and innovative IT managed services company focusing on Corporate, Medical, Engineering and Legal Market Verticals with offices based in NSW, ACT & VIC. As a company we have established a strong market presences and looking to expand the support desk team. We have a great team culture, a team working environment hosted in new offices and complimented with excellent relationships with our clients. We work closely with our staff and invest time in developing them with weekly training & development. Our Senior IT Engineer team continually looks at innovative solutions available for the medical and dental practices; and in turn trains our support staff. We are very passionate in providing high levels of service and delivery for our clients and have a very low client drop off rate. Be a part of a company that listens to the feedback of their staff and clients and enjoy the success of being apart of our goal in becoming the leader in the IT arena.
About the role
The following tasks will be required in your day to day role:
- Dealing directly with clients and providing day-to-day support, rectification and maintenance of IT equipment and Network infrastructure.
- Able to conduct Installation of office 365 and proficient with outlook and email configurations.
- Providing help desk support and work with IT troubleshooting desktop, thin clients, remote user’s.
- Understanding of network infrastructure i.e. DNS, IP Address, Subnets etc.
- Be able to repair PC and change RAM, Hard Drives and other hardware components.
- Experience working with Backup Nas, Synology, QNAP and other onsite backup systems.
- Evaluating PC and Networking hardware and Peripherals as part of a project team to carry out IT
- Experience with working with network printers, Dymo printers and USB printers.
- Assisting Engineers with network deployments on projects.
- Providing support to networks – Windows and Apple Devices.
- Opening ports on router and level 1 router support
- Attending onsite for computer or server breakdown scenarios.
- Worked with Firewalls Cisco, Fortinet, Watch Guard, Sophos, draytek
- Maintaining appropriate configuration standards and procedures of all IT Hardware and software both Server and Desktop;
- Providing Desktop Support to PC’s and Thin Clients, laptops,
- Working with smart switches and POE switches
- Installing anti-virus endpoints and experience with working cloud based antivirus
- Managing incoming daily support matters- Email and telephone
- Providing polite conduct with all clients – acknowledge that our clients may not understand IT.
- Conducting scheduled network maintenance’s on Servers and PC’s
- Learn and assist with Implementing Windows Server and Terminal server environments
- Learn how to configure cloud environments on multiple platforms
- Providing customers support on Cloud based server environments
- Data entry and updating client configuration and documentation.
- Working with support related items for Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange Online services
- Monitor Backups Onsite and offsite backup systems.
- Monitoring Network security and report threats.
- Managing Virtualised Servers and work with troubleshooting.
- Highly Desired but not essential- understanding of Medical Director, Pracsoft, Bluechip, Genie, Shexie, Dental 4 Windows software programs
- Experience or understanding with Apple products and networks – desired
- Skills and experience
- Clear communication & be able to articulate professionally with clients.
- Proficient English-compulsory requirements
- Proficient email writing and correct grammar writing skills.
- Customer service orientated.
- Attention to detail and good follow up skills
- Multi task and work well under pressure.
- Be able to juggle multiple tickets and tasks
- Attention to detail
- Very organised
- Honest Person
- Open to feedback
- Manage incoming daily support matter
- Polite conduct with all Clients
- Be extremely organised and communicate with the account managers. (Communication Skills, good English)
- Report back feedback and update on changes.
- Conducts own research – continual ongoing self- development
- Tertiary Education, Diploma, Degree Qualification or equivalent
This role is not suitable for a call centre help desk operator style support person. You must be able to work towards a solution for support items for clients and be able to multi-task whilst doing so.
- Feedback form our recent candidate that joined our team “Loved It learnt so much, love the team, I would it do it again any day”
- As the role is dealing directly with our clients you will need to have good communication with proficient English and be able to articulate professionally.